• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Laws Do You Want Repealed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flippin 'eck I agree with MF

Government : we propose this oppressive new law, national security blah blah
    Opposition: Disgusting, Human Rights blah blah

Wait twelve months and exchange government for opposition. Notice any difference there? I thoght not.

Once laws have been passed, it's almost impossible to get them repealed, which is why we have to be on the ball the whole time.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Not really a law, but NDNAD should be switched off.

The National DNA Database is a Human Rights disgrace. Regardless of it's ability to solve crime 'after' the fact, this is a Science Fact nightmare waiting to happen!!

You cannot even trust the Inland Revenue or MI5 to keep their hat on basic security, what the hell do you think is going to happen as the use of Genetic Profiling, Replication and Cloning increases and scientific processes improve.

F**K the basic law, you people really should be up in arms about NDNAD!
      100% for DNA screening.

But then I never created some of the software and I do not know how many crimes are solved using this. Hundreds? Thousands? I don't know. Certainly thousands.

As Orwell said people mock "uniforms that guard you while you sleep"

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Did he?
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Which Laws Do You Want Repealed?
          The bloody in-laws.

Mother in law is eating us out of house and home at the moment, and insists on snoring on the sofa.

Two more weeks and she's back home.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            The bloody in-laws.

Mother in law is eating us out of house and home at the moment, and insists on snoring on the sofa.

Two more weeks and she's back home.

Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Did he?
              I do apologise, Kipling.

I have the book somewhere where Orwell dissects the opinion. "without the Law" Is that the germans or the Africans?

Comment

100% for DNA screening.

But then I never created some of the software and I do not know how many crimes are solved using this. Hundreds? Thousands? I don't know. Certainly thousands.

You agree with DNA Screening???

MF gets ready to get out tape measure and Gnat from the deep freezer.....
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  You agree with DNA Screening???

MF gets ready to get out tape measure and Gnat from the deep freezer.....
                  I will go as far as 110% approval.

Crimes get solved in an instance. Serious crimes. Rapes, murders.

Up in kilt land we do not have the power to obtain DNA as readily as you down south. It hinders investigations.

Comment

I will go as far as 110% approval.

Crimes get solved in an instance. Serious crimes. Rapes, murders.

Up in kilt land we do not have the power to obtain DNA as readily as you down south. It hinders investigations.
                    Firstly, you believe that for the detection of crimes, crimes that have already taken place / happened / gone by should be solved by 110% DNA Profiling the entire population (in case there is DNA evidence at a site) versus spending the money on having greater numbers of police on the street for crime prevention!

Secondly you believe that the ability to solve said past crimes (of which require DNA evidence to be left) should be placed above the security, sanctity & value of Human Rights.

Thirdly, you believe that it is acceptable for a Government to catalogue & store the genetic material of it's people for whatever purpose they deem fit?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What does DNA stand for?

National Dyslexics Association

Comment

Working...
                      X