• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dyson - Bladeless Fans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    It's pressure innit. Except if you told folk that they'd go "Wot?" so it's Airx15.

Air Multiplier
    Is a balloon an air multiplier?

You cannot multiply an element or a mix of elements except in a theoretical calculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      I would reply but I really can't be bothered getting into a semantic arguement about "is it really multiplying?".
      If I got a bag of marbles and chucked them through a hoop would you say that I was multiplying marbles?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        If I got a bag of marbles and chucked them through a hoop would you say that I was multiplying marbles?
        How many marbles come out the other side?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          How many marbles come out the other side?
          Depends on how many hit suity.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
            Looks like the same technology works with currency too.......

I'll have two. Here are my bank account details

sort code : 08-32-10
            account : 12001020
            name : HMRC

Help yourself...

Comment

I think the point of the "multiplication" is that more air flows through the hoop than is sucked in the inlet vents on the base.

I don't know if it's more or less efficient than a bladed fan but it's pretty effective, looks different and if you have e.g. small children with small fingers and are too lazy to keep an eye on them then it's probably worth it for that. I expect he'll sell plenty of them.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                I think the point of the "multiplication" is that more air flows through the hoop than is sucked in the inlet vents on the base.

I don't know if it's more or less efficient than a bladed fan but it's pretty effective, looks different and if you have e.g. small children with small fingers and are too lazy to keep an eye on them then it's probably worth it for that. I expect he'll sell plenty of them.
                I find tieing them to the radiator works out cheaper. But each to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  As I said I really can't be bothered getting into a semantic arguement about "is it really multiplying?".
                  Of course it's not multiplying, thats just marketing speak.

It may suprise you to know this but you're not the only forum member to have gone to university. For most of us the experience didn't result in a transformation into a pedantic troll.
                  Last edited by Spacecadet; 29 June 2010, 20:45.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    So this fan is actually creating atoms?

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                      As I said I really can't be bothered getting into a semantic arguement about "is it really multiplying?".
                      Of course it's not multiplying, thats just marketing speak.

It may suprise you to know this but you're not the only forum member to have gone to university. Of course for most of us the experience didn't result in a transformation into a pedantic troll.
                      What you are saying is that you cannot argue against or discus my points because you do not understand what I am talking and I know more than you on the subject so your only reply is that I am a troll.

Comment

Working...
                      X