• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract of the week....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    That is very similar to my second ever contract. I got £6.25/hr
    I once had a job cleaning buses as well. I was 14 but funnily enough I haven't included it in my list of contracts!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by crimdon View Post
      Wage £5.85 Per Hour

Location PETERLEE, County Durham SR8

Duration Temporary

Description

Our client is a top automotive component manufacturing company with worldwide representation and a reputation second to none. They are currently looking for a temporary IT professional to join the team for probably a 4 month period.The role will be to write and develop a costing database that can be rolled out across the organisation. The role will be to. prepare, from ground level up, a fully functioning database using Access.This is an ideal opportunity for someone with Access knowledge looking to gain experience in this temporary position with an organisation that has an excellent reputation for success in its field.

Anyone fancy a trip to the northeast?
      I got a temp job doing something similar to this at Marconi in 1999 - I was in my summer break from university.

I got £5.50 an hour, which I used to obsessively total up each hour to work out how much I'd earnt so far..

Comment

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
        I got a temp job doing something similar to this at Marconi in 1999 - I was in my summer break from university.

I got £5.50 an hour, which I used to obsessively total up each hour to work out how much I'd earnt so far..
        That was your contractor gene kicking in, even back then!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Everybody does that on their first job don't they? Surely everybody has experienced the thrill of realising that in the time it takes you to go to the vending machine and buy a packet of crisps, you've earned enough for the crisps.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            Surely everybody has experienced the thrill of realising that in the time it takes you to go to the vending machine and buy a packet of crisps, you've earned enough for the crisps.
            You have a vending machine next to your desk?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              That was your contractor gene kicking in, even back then!

I still get that satisfaction when I work contract - walking back to the station.. "another £xxx"

I don't get that at all when I work perm, even though the salary isn't terribly dissimilar. Dunno why.

Comment

Isnt it less than minimum wage ?

Minimum wage is for workers with no skills. It is disgusting that a major 'automotive' company wants a database designed and wants to pay minimum wage. At least in McDonalds you get a free meal.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I had a summer job fixing shopping trolleys - great fun, mostly outdoors!

Another one at the Swafega factory was pretty good too.
                  B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Isnt it less than minimum wage ?

Minimum wage is for workers with no skills. It is disgusting that a major 'automotive' company wants a database designed using access and wants to pay minimum wage. At least in McDonalds you get a free meal.

Fixed
                    B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
                      I still get that satisfaction when I work contract - walking back to the station.. "another £xxx"
                      I know the feeling.
                      I'm invoicing weekly at the moment which although is more admin, gives me that special buzz on a more regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                      X