• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small print...

The 14.5% FRS rate for IT consultancy is confirmed - great!

In the small print it mentions that the income tax band thresholds will be reduced by ~£2500 for the basic rate. I.e. the amount of divis you can pay before the extra 22.5% tax kicks in will be less (by around £1500)

I knew there'd be something!
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      And in the small print, IR35
      will now be abolished.
      Hopefully the scum-bag civil savants that pushed for it, if they can't be fired, moved to less demanding positions. Like what they're doing at the MOD currently.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
        In the small print it mentions that the income tax band thresholds will be reduced by ~£2500 for the basic rate. I.e. the amount of divis you can pay before the extra 22.5% tax kicks in will be less (by around £1500)
        Link please?
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          Won't the NQT lot also be there, also competing with a correspondingly lower salary?
          Yes, but the gap will be less & the experience might outweigh the extra cost for a few head teachers.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Yes, but the gap will be less & the experience might outweigh the extra cost for a few head teachers.
            Good point. It sounds like a plan.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
              and go where?
              South Asia?
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                South Asia?
                German car makers are on the up because of increasing demand from India and China.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  Link please?
                  http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/d/junebudget_complete.pdf

1.94 To ensure that support will be focused on those on low and
                  middle incomes the Government will reduce the level of the basic
                  rate limit. The National Insurance Upper Earnings/Profit Limit will
                  also be reduced to keep it aligned with the income tax higher rate
                  threshold. Based on current Retail Prices Index (RPI) forecasts the basic rate
                  limit will be reduced by £2,500 and the higher rate threshold by £1,650
                  below plans the Government inherited. Exact figures will be confirmed in the
                  autumn. These changes will mean that higher rate-taxpayers will not benefit
                  from this measure.
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Thanks.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Daily Mash
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X