• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ground Source Heat Pump

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Source Heat Pump

Have any of you lot looked into Ground Source Heat Pumps yet? Have any of you actually had one put in? Are they any good?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    Have any of you lot looked into Ground Source Heat Pumps yet? Have any of you actually had one put in? Are they any good?
    I am interested in this one also

DA in "I may have to dig up the tennis court, and are there better ways to heat my pool?" mode
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
      Iare there better ways to heat my pool?" mode
      Just have 2, 1 indoor in the UK and 1 outdoors, Bermuda
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Well now that i've started...how deep do I dig this hole?

Comment

If you find a kangaroo, you've gone too far.

Comment

This has been around for some time hasnt it? Remember watching some DIY program early last year where a guy had rebuilt an old Irish church out in the middle of no where and used this tech to heat his house (I guess a couple downsides would be the requirement for a large area of open land AND once in you cant use the land for anything that requires digging ).

Regards

Mailman
            Last edited by Mailman; 23 January 2006, 15:32.

Comment

Isn't this one of those items that you don't actually recover the costs if you replace your existing system but may be advantageous if you were installing something from scratch (i.e. a new home)?

Wasn't this like the argument against replacing your old boiler system with a new condensing boiler?

Mind you, energy prices have increased since I read the articles 2 years ago so may be a little more viable.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

We have a pretty big grarden which I would hope would be big enough. The back garden is at least twice the size of the house.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

How big is the land you have? Those Irish geezers required acres of land before they could even think of using those land heaters.

Mailman

Comment

If its anything like boreholes in Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri then I know that they ultimately damage the environment ...

Comment

Working...
                    X