• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What did Rooney say walking off the pitch last night ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Rooney is a fantastic player, on the form of the club season he had he is the second best player in the world.

If you all want to think he is somehow become a bad player in 2 games then you lot are seriously losing it as much as Capello.
    a) That may well be so.....
    b) That may well be so.....

but He did NOT play well - he played Tulipe..... or are you disputing that?

He played Tulipe.... He knows he played Tulipe..... You know he played Tulipe.... Everyone knows he played Tulipe.... and he critisised the fans for "telling him" (and the other players) that they played Tulipe.... He did this in a fit of anger/in the heat of the moment... not a hanging offence but not clever!

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
      Does nobody but myself think that these guys have played enough football this year...I mean they play almost year round aside from perhaps a two week break which is usually about now. If England want to put up a good challenge perhaps a short break in the season at some point would help?

Maybe that's what the players are thinking. "Just finish this and I get a four week break."
      I think you'll find that the average worker puts in a lot more hours than a football player, gets less free time, is paid less yet is also expected to do their job to the best of their capabilities and if not are sacked and not asked back like some people (i.e Jamie Carragher who had actually retired from international football.)
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

We f***ed up in 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, and missed 2008 altogether.

Get Brand Beckham out of that dressing room before it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I think you'll find that the average worker puts in a lot more hours than a football player, gets less free time, is paid less yet is also expected to do their job to the best of their capabilities and if not are sacked and not asked back like some people (i.e Jamie Carragher who had actually retired from international football.)
          True, they are a bunch of incredibly over-paid toss pots - but I only have my NA experience to refer to. Look at the season breaks of ice hockey, football and baseball. Long and the players also have quite long careers.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            He played Tulipe.... He knows he played Tulipe..... You know he played Tulipe.... Everyone knows he played Tulipe.... and he critisised the fans for "telling him" (and the other players) that they played Tulipe.... He did this in a fit of anger/in the heat of the moment... not a hanging offence but not clever!
            Nail....head....hit.

He should just have kept his overpaid gob shut. Then again, we should not be that surprised. He did a stupid thing because he is a stupid person. Not something that should surprise us really, there are drinks bottles over there with more upstairs than Shrek.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Wasn't it something about he wanted his mummy because some people were teasing him again.
              I seriously think we should just start again.
              England will not win the world cup because the team is not good enough. Not in mental strength and not in simple footballing skill either.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I watched a film called "One night in Turin" last night about that fated night in Italia 90 against West Germany. It is funny how history repeats itself, and look how far they got?
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  They should try the Tour De France.

21 days of competition. 6 hours a day in the saddle plus prep and recovery each day. and just 2 rest days along the way. It's just one part of the Pro-Tour race season that runs from January to October.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

21 days of competition. 6 hours a day in the saddle plus prep and recovery each day. and just 2 rest days along the way. It's just one part of the Pro-Tour race season that runs from January to October.
                    I wanted to do the Tour-de-France when I was younger... On a Honda Gold Wing...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

And some severe climbs and scary descents along the way. You truly have to be a machine to get through it. Anybody picking Armstrong to win this year? I am.
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X