• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: 'Plan' to move civil service jobs abroad denied

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: 'Plan' to move civil service jobs abroad denied

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4638092.stm

"
    Unions say tens of thousands of jobs could be lost
    Union leaders claim they have uncovered proposals to transfer civil service posts overseas which could result in tens of thousands of jobs being lost. ",

what goes around comes around.

Milan.

Permanent secretary at the DWP said on Radio 4 this morning, "absolutely, categorically not". The plans referred to are those the government's contractors have for shifting jobs overseas. He didn't say EDS but he used the example of "a company that develops IT solutions for the government".

Was highly amused that he kept referring to taxpayers as "our customers".

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnery Sergeant Highway
      Permanent secretary at the DWP said on Radio 4 this morning, "absolutely, categorically not". The plans referred to are those the government's contractors have for shifting jobs overseas. He didn't say EDS but he used the example of "a company that develops IT solutions for the government".

"Tax doesn't have to be taxing" - I'd love to beat the tulipe out of the guy who dreamt that one up! Yet another example of Liebour Spin!

Comment

Highly amused? I get highly irritated by that. It would make me want to kick him in the bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          "Tax doesn't have to be taxing" - I'd love to beat the tulipe out of the guy who dreamt that one up! Yet another example of Liebour Spin!
          To be fair, Churchill, it is correct. Tax doesn't have to be taxing, it just so happens that in this country it is.

As always with New Lie, the devil is in the small print.

Comment

To be fair, Churchill, it is correct. Tax doesn't have to be taxing, it just so happens that in this country it is.

As always with New Lie, the devil is in the small print.
            The consultants have been all over this one. It is widely accepted that if you state something then people will believe it. My own consultants tell me that we should tell our clients what we are doing in the minutest detail otherwise they think that we do nothing for our money.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can pad this one out to look convincing?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
            X