• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Organised Are You?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work : Its all in outlook,
    Personal and Home : Its all in my head, not a diary in sight.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I've been using one note to help get organised. I use it for managing tasks as they can be linked to outlook and so synched with the phone.
      It's also possible to synch notes with a WM phone running one note. So I make a note on the phone whilst I'm out, it automatically synchs with the laptop and adds the note to the mobile section of one note when I next plug it in.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I actually have to wonder how 'disorganised' someone is to be doing all of their work on the train before they get to work....
        I've done a daily train commute before for several months and have seen all of those people with their laptops out doing presentation slides and writing documents or spreadsheets. Looks far too stressful, and I bet they dont get into the office feeling too fresh and ready for the day.

For me I like to leave my work at the office (and where my meter is running) and use my long commute to relax reading a book or listening to some music, or simply watching the world go by

[edit: I know this doesn't hit the subject of personal life organisation, but this was a general point I wanted to make about working on trains]
        Last edited by CheeseSlice; 18 June 2010, 13:46.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          FWIW I am obsessed with lists and being as organised as possible.

I would also not be adverse to kicking the bloke nosing at my lists on the train.
          Me too - my life is spread-sheeted to within an inch and I love lists... i have lists of lists
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Me too - my life is spread-sheeted to within an inch and I love lists... i have lists of lists
            Same, I'm renowned for 'em! List making is ace.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I have a simple system......

I remember everything worth remembering...... and just forget the rest.
              No lists, no diary, no calendars.....

Example:-
              Muppet@ClientCo: Hey Drewster meeting tomorrow at....drone...babble....agenda...waffle....
              Drewster: Yeah yeah.......

Come x(-30min) o'clock "tomorrow".....
              Either:
              Muppet: Sorry Drewster I'll have to postpone that ....drone...babble....agenda...waffle....
              or
              Muppet: Hey Drewster are you ready for that meeting ....drone...babble....agenda...waffle....
              Drewster: Sorry can't make it - got work to do.......
              Muppet: Oh Errr OK.... No problem... Errr I'll re-schedule for next week....drone...babble....waffle....

Comment

Same, I'm renowned for 'em! List making is ace.
                Me too In fact, some of my family riddicule me... until they see how much the lists and the spreadsheets help!!

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                I have a simple system......

I remember everything worth remembering...... and just forget the rest.
                No lists, no diary, no calendars.....

Example:-
                Muppet@ClientCo: Hey Drewster meeting tomorrow at....drone...babble....agenda...waffle....

Come x(-30min) o'clock "tomorrow".....
                Either:
                Muppet: Sorry Drewster I'll have to postpone that ....drone...babble....agenda...waffle....
                or
                Muppet: Hey Drewster are you ready for that meeting ....drone...babble....agenda...waffle....
                Drewster: Sorry can't make it - got work to do.......
                Muppet: Oh Errr OK.... No problem... Errr I'll re-schedule for next week....drone...babble....waffle....
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Me too In fact, some of my family riddicule me... until they see how much the lists and the spreadsheets help!!
                  Ditto. Am in the process of organising babyson's 1st bday party for tomorrow as well as a hen weekend for two weeks time. List heaven! My sister is horrified.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

......I agree with you MP.....
                    ..... Just like me CM........
                    ......Yes you are right MP.....
                    ..... Oh how true CM........
                    ......So do I MP.....
                    ..... I agree CM........
                    Come on girls..... lets have a little bitchyness!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                      Come on girls..... lets have a little bitchyness!!!!
                      You won't find any of that from us CUK ladies I'm afraid (we rely on the rest of you for that)
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X