• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currently reading ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    At the moment I am reading the Metro on the tube in the morning.

After Christmas I will have a few months occupied with the Game of Thrones Series. Great TV series, hopefully even better books.

Game of Thrones Book 1 with links to the others
    The books are good, but some have a tendency to wane in the middle before picking back up again.

Am currently reading cityboy - beer and loathing in the square mile, read it before but needed a break from the game of thrones book marathon I was on.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      I don't seem to read fiction any more.

I wonder why that is.

Used to really enjoy Larry Niven, but haven't read a good one in about 10 years.

Which may either be a comment on his writing or my indifference.

The Thomas Covenant books were excellent back in the 80s, but I can't be arsed to read the latest round.
      Have you tried any Peter F Hamilton?
      He can barely write but there is some imagination in there.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

SAS for dummies - Stephen McDaniel, Chris Hemedinger - Google Boeken

Next year I'll be a jeenius me.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Have you tried any Peter F Hamilton?
          He can barely write but there is some imagination in there.
          He's an author who uses 1,000 words when 1 will do.

If you want a 4lb weight to carry around try Neal Stephenson at least he can write and has solid ideas.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Cyrrently reading this, excellent:

Perfect Rigour: A Genius and the Mathematical Breakthrough of the Century: Amazon.co.uk: Masha Gessen: Books
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

You sense a kindred spirit? Unfortunately sitting alone in your shed trying to untangle your shoelaces doesn't make you a reclusive genius topologist.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                He's an author who uses 1,000 words when 1 will do.

If you want a 4lb weight to carry around try Neal Stephenson at least he can write and has solid ideas.
                As I said, He can barely write I ended up switching to kindle for the second book of the commonwealth saga.

He does have some shockingly bad bits of prose, it's almost as if his books have been published unedited
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  You sense a kindred spirit? .
                  No just like reading about maths.
                  BTW you should try reading something, anything.
                  It may make you less of a complete twunt, BIDI.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Reading Perry Groves autobiography, a very good read but then again I am biased towards the legendary status of the subject!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Feast of Crows.

Got his next book for xmas, it weighs a ton
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X