• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currently reading ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am working my way through the Bernhard Cornwall Warlord series on audiobook. It is awesome, currently midway through book 2!

I am alternating it with Modern Scholar courses as they are interesting and easy to listen to.

I might listen to Snowcrash again soon as that is one of my favourites.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

The Republic - Plato

Comment

Fundamental Algorithms for Computer Graphics

Comment

I just finished the fantastic Warlord chronicles by Bernard Cornwell! Truly brilliant.

Now I am reading about WW2 as I have decided I don't know enough about it. It is just explaining the Japanese invasion of China and the German/Russian invasion of Poland.

I must have had a sheltered life because I did not know half of the horrific things that went on, it is actually quite a difficult read!

Comment

Nearly finished: "Pillars of Hercules" - Paul Theroux
            Arriving today "Code" - Charles Petzold
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

How to Land an A330 Airbus: And Other Vital Skills for the Modern Man; James May

He explains, in comical style, all kinds of handy skills which every guy should know, such as how to dig an escape tunnel from Butlins Holiday Camp in Skegness, how to organise and fight a duel (with swords or flintlocks), and of course landing the A330 Airbus.

I bought that one in a charity shop, but that Amazon page shows several others by him that might be worth buying, and would certainly make good Christmas presents.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

NLP book

I intend to have a good read on the train up to Wales on Friday night

Comment

Amberly by Wilkie Collins.
                  Very enjoyable and lovely language.
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Just finished The Fault in our Stars which was a good read, and will be released as a film this year.

Currently reading The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, and Maddaddam which is the last in a trilogy by the superb Margaret Atwood.
                    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

I just finished the Osprey about medieval knights 1400-1500 and am now reading about the battle of Bosworth. I have also just finished The Phantom of the Opera which is quite a good book. I am listening to an audio book on WW2, currently hearing about the assassination attempt on Hitler, the one that was made into a film with Tom Cruise (I think).

Comment

Working...
                      X