• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currently reading ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now reading Sh*t my Dad says. Hilarious. A few quotes

"So he called you a homo. big deal. There is nothing wrong with being homosexual... No I'm not saying you are homosexua. Now I understand why the kid was giving you sh*t."

"I want some silence. It does not mean I don't like you. It just means right now I like silence more"

"I dont care what you want to tell me. I am watching the news. If you have tuberculosis its not going to get any worse in the next 30 minutes"

Comment

The book thief - Markus Zusak
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Now reading Sh*t my Dad says. Hilarious. A few quotes

"So he called you a homo. big deal. There is nothing wrong with being homosexual... No I'm not saying you are homosexua. Now I understand why the kid was giving you sh*t."

"I want some silence. It does not mean I don't like you. It just means right now I like silence more"

"I dont care what you want to tell me. I am watching the news. If you have tuberculosis its not going to get any worse in the next 30 minutes"
        Great book, very funny, another book completely fookedup by having a TV show.

Comment

Just finished Foundation (the book not the series). It's the only major thing Asimov wrote I never read, and I have no idea why I didn't since I devoured dozens of the things as a kid from my dad's library.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Skagboys by Irvine Welsh

I was hoping for some insight into why Begbie became such a lunatic but alas it appears he's already unhinged in this book too.

Comment

As a real book Murachs Java Servelets and JSP, and the Dragonlance original trilogy on my kindle
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Currently reading Star Surgeon by James White (for the third time in 15 years).

Just finished the Ringworld series and the Man - Kzin wars complete collection.

Next I'm going to read the complete Gor series(again)
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

JUst finished Jonathan Livingstone Seagull - took me back to my teens.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Next I'm going to read the complete Gor series(again)
                    As fiction or as a lifestyle guide ?
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Is that the original Ringworld where the Earth revolves the wrong way?
                      By Larry Niven & Others assorted
                      The Ringworld series (1970–2004), by science fiction author Larry Niven, is a part of his Known Space set of stories. Its backdrop is the Ringworld, a giant artifact 600 million miles in circumference around a sun. The series is composed of four standalone science fiction novels, the original award-winning book and its three subsequent sequels:

Ringworld
                      The Ringworld Engineers
                      The Ringworld Throne
                      Ringworld's Children

Related Books

Man-Kzin Wars (by various edited by Niven)
                      Fleet of Worlds (by Niven and Edward M. Lerner)
                      Juggler of Worlds (by Niven and Edward M. Lerner)
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X