• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sybil Fawlty!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    Do you mean "further up the foodchain"?

Ask one of the Girlies!!!
    No, I meant further down the food chain.
    All the jobs I've seen are for top management. I was thinking more of something which involves actual work.

Comment

Originally posted by cnch View Post
      Could I ask a question totally unrelated to this thread.... Are there ever any jobs further down the food chain for females? I did apply for one in Palestine, but that was a no go. I fancy working somewhere other than here and where I could potentially improve my foreign language skills.
      You applied for a job in Palestine because you "fancied a change"?
      FFS!!! Where did you grow up..............the Divis Flats?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

We've got ourselves a real Danny La Rue here
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          You applied for a job in Palestine because you "fancied a change"?
          FFS!!! Where did you grow up..............the Divis Flats?

I speak Arabic,but not fluently and find it a bit painful to read. Anyway it was the only place where my sex was not an issue. Been there before on hols. It doesn't matter where you are... you can still pop your clogs.

... and what pray tell is wrong with Divis :-) - I didn't live anywhere near there, but do remember seeing it on the news regularly?
          Last edited by cnch; 18 June 2010, 20:49.

Comment

I speak Arabic,but not fluently and find it a bit painful to read and it was the only place where my sex was not an issue. Been there before on hols.
            That must have been a blast. 18-30 was it?

It doesn't matter where you are... you can still pop your clogs.
            As the Bomb Disposal Expert said to the Librarian!!

... and what pray tell is wrong with Divis?
            I am sure it is a fantastic place to live, but it is not exactly Horse and Hounds is it?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

That must have been a blast. 18-30 was it?

As the Bomb Disposal Expert said to the Librarian!!

I am sure it is a fantastic place to live, but it is not exactly Horse and Hounds is it?
              I'm not a horse and hounds person.

What a bunch of girls!!!!!
              How do you cope working away from home?

Comment

I'm not a horse and hounds person.

What a bunch of girls!!!!!
                How do you cope working away from home?
                Well I don't anymore, but when I did I always found that looking at my invoices was always a real tonic. Made my time in sh*tholes like Beirut, Calcutta, and Katowice a lot more palatable.

Comment

Well I don't anymore, but when I did I always found that looking at my invoices was always a real tonic. Made my time in sh*tholes like Beirut, Calcutta, and Katowice a lot more palatable.
                  Never been to Calcutta or Katowice, but did you not find Beirut a little Chavvy (obviously depends on when you were there), but very Chavlike in recent years.

Comment

Katowice, Poland | A City Guide | Cracow Life

It looks somewhat more pleasant than Basingstoke.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Could be worse you could be in Reading!
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X