• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Funny Placenames

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been up Herbert's Hole.

Comment

Not a place name per se, but one of my local football teams, Shepshed Dynamo, plays at:

The Dovecote Stadium
      Butthole Lane
      Shepshed
      Leicestershire
      Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Consulting View Post
        Not a place name per se, but one of my local football teams, Shepshed Dynamo, plays at:

The Dovecote Stadium
        Butthole Lane
        Shepshed
        Leicestershire
        LOL!

Comment

Middle Wallop
          Over wallop
          and
          Nether Wallop
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

The sign for Rattery in Devon on the A30 (?) always makes me smile when I drive past it.

I suppose it's the idea of people taking their pet rats somewhere to be cared for while they're away on holiday. But then some people really _do_ have pet rats, so they must take them somewhere before going away. So maybe there really are ratteries.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              I've been up Herbert's Hole.
              You're not making much sense now!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                The sign for Rattery in Devon on the A30 (?) always makes me smile when I drive past it.

I suppose it's the idea of people taking their pet rats somewhere to be cared for while they're away on holiday. But then some people really _do_ have pet rats, so they must take them somewhere before going away. So maybe there really are ratteries.
                I have just booked the piggies into a luxury rodent hotel
                Only the best for them

Oh and back on topic - There's a Nob End near Bolton

No I'm not referring to one certain CUKer
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                X