• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£1000 just laid down in the bookies England don't make it through the next round...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    That is what is known in the business as a "Housewife's Bet".

That is why the bookies put these bets out.

I think you will be losing that money in all honestly.
    I bet on Cameroon because I like their shirts. I suppose you'll be telling me that was a housewive's bet too.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      I bet on Cameroon because I like their shirts. I suppose you'll be telling me that was a housewive's bet too.
      No... Thats just Girlie!

Comment

Just looked at this bet.

Assuming that England get the same odds on Algeria as they will get on Slovenia ( I do not know the ods but they will not be far off ) I would be placing your grand like this...

England

Lose Lose £100 * 56.25 = £5625
        Draw Lose £200 * 32.5 = £3250
        Lose Draw £200 * 32.5 = £3250
        Draw Draw £500 * 18 = £9000

That is the only way England could have went out and you are getting a better possible return with that spread.

Comment

Working...
        X