• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "£1000 just laid down in the bookies England don't make it through the next round..."

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Just looked at this bet.

Assuming that England get the same odds on Algeria as they will get on Slovenia ( I do not know the ods but they will not be far off ) I would be placing your grand like this...

England

Lose Lose £100 * 56.25 = £5625
    Draw Lose £200 * 32.5 = £3250
    Lose Draw £200 * 32.5 = £3250
    Draw Draw £500 * 18 = £9000

That is the only way England could have went out and you are getting a better possible return with that spread.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I bet on Cameroon because I like their shirts. I suppose you'll be telling me that was a housewive's bet too.
    No... Thats just Girlie!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    That is what is known in the business as a "Housewife's Bet".

That is why the bookies put these bets out.

I think you will be losing that money in all honestly.
    I bet on Cameroon because I like their shirts. I suppose you'll be telling me that was a housewive's bet too.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    That is what is known in the business as a "Housewife's Bet".

You would have got much more money if you worked out the possible England results to make England not go through and the results from other games to make England not go through and applied a mixture of doubles and trebbles on those results.

Down side would be you would most probably got something back and the upside would have been much much more than 4k.

That is why the bookies put these bets out.

I think you will be losing that money in all honestly.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Sheesh! Are any of you guys watching this game? It is awful for England.
    More sort of hurling abuse at the screen.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    A week ago The talk the talk was they are now the best team on earth, the last two games has proved anything but that. I mean Algeria?! They should be 2-0 up by now according to all the hype.

I can smell sheet when I see it....
    Actually i seem to recall predicting a holland - ivory coast final.

I have put my money where my mouth is, sort of, and backed ivory coast for the semis and slovenia to win our group at 8-1.

There is no point betting unless the odds are vaguely in your favour, and although it's not a stellar performance we have come pretty close a few times while they haven't had a sniff. I think we'll prob nick this one but if not the draw is more likely than an algeria win.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    But it's great for Algeria

and my bank account

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Sheesh! Are any of you guys watching this game? It is awful for England.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I would want better odds than 4/1 personally. I'd take 8/1 though.
    A week ago The talk the talk was they are now the best team on earth, the last two games has proved anything but that. I mean Algeria?! They should be 2-0 up by now according to all the hype.

I can smell sheet when I see it....

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I would want better odds than 4/1 personally. I'd take 8/1 though.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    "£1000 just laid down in the bookies England don't make it through the next round... "

Do you mean "don't make it to the quarters" or "don't qualify from the group"?
    "don't qualify from the group"

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    £4K coming my way, easy cash....
    Looks like a good call

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    £4K coming my way, easy cash....

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    England 4/7 to win the group 1/10 to qualify from the group.

England to reach quarter finals 1/2

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Dunno but I can get 4-1 on Ivory Coast being the top African side, and better than 8-1 on them making the semis, which I reckon might be worth a fiver.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X