• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fooking koonts! - help needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    Good man - intelligent answer I was looking for!
    No worries. Next time though don't post here. I was only walking through....
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      What part don't you understand?
      Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Sounds fair enough to me.
      You signed up to a special rate with attached conditions.
      Wot you whinging for?
      Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      He is whinging that a business is trying to enforce their T & C on him.
      Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Seems an excitable, "goes off half-cocked" sort of chappie to me.

Obviously I cocked up by making a mistake, but clicking confirm then ringing straight away and explaining the situation, you would have thought taking £350 and seriously ******* off your customers is a bit off!
      l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Good man - intelligent answer I was looking for!
        A bit of lying and a bit of fraud did not do any harm to nobody.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

******* Hell, the room isn't booked for another month, you really think they won't book it to someone else?

Comment

Well done FA

Thats best Bedwetter quote of the week so far.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Lying and fraud have harmed quite a few people over the years.

It is however impossible to do harm to nobody, as there is nobody to do harm to, thus your statement is correct. I find this almost impossibly annoying.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Looks like you cocked up. The T & C seem to suggest that they are not obliged to refund, but if you ask nicely they might refund in the hope that you will stay with them again.
                Customer_Service + Amsterdam_hotels = error message text 'The application has encountered a problem and needs to close'
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Ha Ha! - Can't believe most of you suggested taking it laying down! MMM 1 - IBIS 0

After speaking with a lovely lady at head office!

Dear Mr. MMM,

I am very glad I could have been of service! It was very clear that you accidentally booked for the wrong date and for this reason we have decided to refund the paid amount.

Mr. MMM, I wish you a very nice weekend and I do hope we can welcome you again in one of our hotels in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Comment

Ha Ha! - Can't believe most of you suggested taking it laying down! MMM 1 - IBIS 0

After speaking with a lovely lady at head office!

Dear Mr. MMM,

I am very glad I could have been of service! It was very clear that you accidentally booked for the wrong date and for this reason we have decided to refund the paid amount.

Mr. MMM, I wish you a very nice weekend and I do hope we can welcome you again in one of our hotels in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
                    Win!

I assume you didn't call the lovely lady at head office a "fooking koont" during the conversation that led to this happy state of affairs

Comment

Had a similar thing happen. Spent 133 on train tickets between Manchester and London fist class for next week which I'm not going to use. Part of the reason they were cheap is because of the strings attached. Can't see how there is anything I can do.

Anybody want a ticket for the 18:00 for Euston on Friday of next week or the 5.05 on the monday after?
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X