• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People behind me calling themselves ‘The A Team’

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No comment on the topic, but this thread made me laugh.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Mr. T may be the most well known for his jewelry and accessories. He was always seem with a large number of gold necklaces on as well as rings, bracelets, etc. Few of us know that this style originated during his days as a bouncer. He would work at the club outside the door controlling who was allowed into the club and who wasn't. When patrons would leave jewelry at the club or take it off before a fight, or lose it in the fight, they were blacklisted from the club. Mr. T would stand outside wearing the discarded jewelry, so that if the owner happened to return, there was no need for him to reenter the club to claim his lost jewelry. Most often those who lost their jewelry there never returned for it, so he ended up with a lot of gold chains.
      Source: Mr T Costume Guide - Become Mister T in a Few Easy Steps
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        Mr Lally hated me/us - because as OPAL Guru he was also Adabas/Natural Guru and had outrageous access (Admin level in Prod)
        A law unto himself by the sound of it! I got on well with him, but I wasn't working directly on the systems.

I forgot about Holborn, I worked there too, in HSS as it was then, putting together a Natural/Adabas/TableBase guide for the rest of the developers. What about Martin Willis, who was profoundly deaf but still a good PM?

Sorry, I'm going off topic.
        Last edited by Doggy Styles; 11 June 2010, 11:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          A law unto himself by the sound of it! I got on well with him, but I wasn't working directly on the systems.
          On a personal level I had no problems with him.... but "professionally" he was a PITA.....

He "objected" to what we were doing.... and cos he had been there longer than forever he moaned to the senior guys and got their backing.... particularly unofficially....
          We arranged a meeting to identify his "issues"......
          We addressed/resolved the "issues".....
          He came out with more....
          Credit where credit is due - he was persistent!!
          and the main problems weren't him "defending his patch" it was the fact that the Management "supported" us in public but undermined us in private and none of them had the balls to tell him to JFDI..........

Hey Ho..... Still paid the bills for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            I think it's stupid that Rugby teams have a Hooker
            And what do you think of a hooker having a rugby team?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Do you want the title so you can Google it, or the URL so you can just click?
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                There were a couple of girls at a London college who had had the football team and the rugby team, and were setting their sights on the cricket team.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Nobody ever names their software "Bag of old toss". Funny old thing, gives plenty of scope for morons (oxy or otherwise)
                  I worked in the BAD team one one project. It was awful.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Oh dear. I’ve seen lots of puerile, macho madness in the IT business in my time, but this takes the biscuit. The gang of admins behind me are now calling themselves ‘The A Team’ and have just announced that they can solve any problem for anyone anytime, and they 'don't even need a black guy with a van’.
                    Think they've been taking this a bit too seriously:

Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                      There were a couple of girls at a London college who had had the football team and the rugby team, and were setting their sights on the cricket team.
                      Yeah, that's the movie.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X