• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Digs in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digs in London

I keep getting offered roles in London, but they are 4 hours round trip each day. I am happy to take somewhere if I can find somewhere cheap. Dont know if anyone knows of a 'contractors' rent a room scheme or cheap hotels.

I suggest we compile a list of places in London, that contractors have stayed in with prices with feedback. CUK can stick the list up so we can look at it. Or can we have a list of London livers who have a room to rent.

Whaddayafink?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Becs will put you up in her East London penthouse.

Alternatively, there are budget hotels starting to appear in central London now. There is even a Travelodge in the City which is fine to break up a commute with a couple of overnight stays during the week.

Comment

yeah...

the pussy palace in balham is where i always stay when on contract in the smoke...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
        I keep getting offered roles in London, but they are 4 hours round trip each day. I am happy to take somewhere if I can find somewhere cheap. Dont know if anyone knows of a 'contractors' rent a room scheme or cheap hotels.

I suggest we compile a list of places in London, that contractors have stayed in with prices with feedback. CUK can stick the list up so we can look at it. Or can we have a list of London livers who have a room to rent.

Whaddayafink?
        Just have a walk around Victoria. Most of them are around 30 pounds per night and you are close to everything. If you are on a budget, it's ok....
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          Just have a walk around Victoria. Most of them are around 30 pounds per night and you are close to everything. If you are on a budget, it's ok....
          Most of those places are holes for prostitutes and dossers.

Stay here: Travelodge London Liverpool Street

It ain't fancy, but at least it's clean and safe.

Comment

Originally posted by The Master
            Most of those places are holes for prostitutes and dossers.

Stay here: Travelodge London Liverpool Street

It ain't fancy, but at least it's clean and safe.
            No, not really, mainly many tourists on the budget go there.

Bayswater area is also quite cheap.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
            X