• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linked in Groups - Do you find them useful?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    MarillionFan has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Bloody Hell..... everyone wants to link to you!!!!!
    Or something.

Comment

I find linked in full of people trying to get cheap training in my niche area or pimps
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I've found linkedin to be pretty useful and if you've got experience in a niche skill set then there are definite benefits (googling a certain skill set actually brings my linkedin profile as the first result)
        Still no paid work out of it yet though, but have had a few leads. Still working on one of them
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Oh, ok.

You're still a sad bastard who has no command of English and I suspect you tell lies. Scream a little louder and even you may believe them.
          Aye, like you don't have a fixation with carnivorous rabbits.

You seem to have a problem with successful people, the tall poppy syndrome as it is called. Why can you not just except that there are people on this board who have something that they can write down on linked in that might encourage people to hire them in their location.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Aye, like you don't have a fixation with carnivorous rabbits.

You seem to have a problem with successful people, the tall poppy syndrome as it is called. Why can you not just except that there are people on this board who have something that they can write down on linked in that might encourage people to hire them in their location.
            You're laughable, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Still no paid work out of it yet though, but have had a few leads. Still working on one of them
              The age old question... When does "networking" actually pay off??
              I keep many contacts open.... sometimes for many many years.... very often with no apparent payback.... but then a Client will mention that "Harry" (one of my contacts who he coincidently knows via his Network) had given me a "big up" when he gave him a ring after getting my cv.....

Its one reason (well a pretty big reason) I try to leave all contracts as "friends" ie with no bad feelings etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                You're laughable, really.
                I do like to see you pick up these wee things.

It's like a shoe shiner on the street always notices the minor faults in the shine on your shoes which you are not that interested in.

Comment

Why can you not just except that there are people on this board who have something that they can write down on linked in that might encourage people to hire them in their location.
                  I am sure there are many intelligent, educated and possibly quite brilliant people on this planet who have such a poor command of their first language as you continuously display. Unfortunately for you, it appears you're just a dumb fraud.

Comment

I do like to see you pick up these wee things.

It's like a shoe shiner on the street always notices the minor faults in the shine on your shoes which you are not that interested in.
                    Sorry?? Is your analogy that Churchill is like a bloke that provides the best service he can - above and beyond his customers expectations??

Or what................

Comment

Originally posted by The small man's signature
                      Let it shine, ohh let it shine
                      Made me chuckle
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X