• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any good value places to eat in the city

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pret or EAT are not bad, if you want a quick bite. Any of the wagamamas are not bad either.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Punch Tavern, Fleet Street.
      Just a minute...

How many moderators are on-board today?

Hmmmm, Cojak, NotAllThere and RealityHack with the odd (some say very) post from the Administrator...

I sense something bad on the horizon...

Comment

Gaucho Grill does good steaks, there are a few of them around.

Miyabi nr Liverpool Street was my favourite sushi place.

Wagamama's is always good value. There is one at moorgate and another at the base of tower 42.

Square Pie Company @ spitalfields does good pies.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Square Pie Company @ spitalfields does good pies.
          are they square?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I used to swear by this place when I worked off cheapside. Underneath Bow church. Quality, healthy, freshly cooked food. They make everything on site, even their own bread for the sandwiches.. I ate there prob 3 or 4 times a week, either eat in or take out back to the desk.

Cafe Below (used to be call the place below)

If you know your grub, highly highly highly recommended. Its easy to miss as its hidden away inside (well under) the church. But well worth the effort.
            The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

I thought Fuzzy's Grub was the only place to go?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                I'm working down here for a while and wondered if any of you lot knew anywhere that's ok? Just paid 6 quid for some chicked noodle thing that was gopping.
                Rising Sun pub near barbican. Pints £2.21. Meals about £6. You can't get anywhere cheaper.

Comment

I'll second Wasabi and Square Pie. But not mixed together, I don't do fusion.

Comment

You can try the S&M Cafe opposite Spitalfields if you're into bangers.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      You can try the S&M Cafe opposite Spitalfields if you're into bangers.
                      Thumb up from me! SOS across the other side of meat market is also quite good, tho I prefer the pubs: Smithfiled Tavern, Fox and Anchor etc...

Gaucho's ok if you up for a feast.

Comment

Working...
                      X