• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skilled Migrant Visa - Prove of my employment and income

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    In which case you should not be working on a job that will further your career. The whloe point of these visas is that you should be working in low level jobs (for less than 6 months in a year) in order to fund your trip here. So dont be surprised if the immigration people take the view that you are here to make shedloads of dosh whilst working in your chosen profession.
    You speak as if there is some form of government inspection. Oh so naive. That's not like you DA. The last client I worked for was taking on shed loads of Indian contractors and shedding permies and UK contractors. That is illegal. Many Indian contractors did not have the required skills (such as Windows MFC) and were learning on the job from UK staff. It is only legal to bring in overseas staff with the required skills if you can't get UK staff with those skills. But how do you prove what they are up to? I contacted a well known journalist who was putting together a story on the issue. It was commonplace.

But I suspect there might have been some issues as they later opened an office in Bangalore and recruited Indian staff directly, rather than via Tata Consulting Services. I guess they have little choice if they want to stay in business in these competitive times.

Fungus

Comment

Something tells me we would be better off learning Polish, tearing up our passports, taking a train to heathrow and pretending to be non-British.... the law seems so much more... 'flexible'... for foreigners.

For some odd reason, the local post office is now selling 'learn Polish, Swedish tagalog etc etc CDs...'

I am now thinking of becoming Zrbigniew Xrzggraanifjk ...
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
      X