• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to bring back foxhunting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    How many carnivorous rabbits do you know that can lift a human bone up through 6 feet of soil?
    As a rabbit burrows, what happens to the soil it encounters? Is it not conceivable that in the pile of soil thrown backward as the rabbit burrows that "a couple of vertebrae and other bones" could be thrown up to the surface?

Nowhere in the article does it mention that a fox had "got someone's spine out a coffin and were having a good chew on it.", let alone one from a body that had spent the past 150 years underground.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      <pedant>
      l

foxhole |ˈfɒkshəʊl|
      noun
      a hole in the ground used by troops as a shelter against enemy fire or as a firing point.
      • a place of refuge or concealment.

Methinks they meant a fox earth.
      </pedant>
      Foxes live in earths. Sorry.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        I'd rather be shot than chased over hill and dale only to be ripped apart by dogs.
        If it was you running from the dogs as opposed to a fox escaping a bullet then I reckon the hounds would beat the bullet.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          Foxes live in earths
          which they decorate with the bones of 19th century Scotsmen.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Foxes live in earths. Sorry.
            Looks like we agree

I nipped in with a swift edit after one of those "Dammit, sent too soon" moments
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              which they decorate with the bones of 19th century Scotsmen.
              .......or women!!!

Sexist!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                .......or women!!!

Sexist!!

Wrong government. I'm allowed to say 'Scotsmen' these days. Harriet Harperson has been stripped of her/his powers.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Wrong government. I'm allowed to say 'Scotsmen' these days. Harriet Harperson has been stripped of her/his powers.
                  Of course, but I was making the point that the bones the foxes adorn their "earths" with might well be those of women, and not just men. You know........if you were going for the "big bone" look.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Of course, but I was making the point that the bones the foxes adorn their "earths" with might well be those of women, and not just men. You know........if you were going for the "big bone" look.

Oh dear...

Mind you, it's no wonder they used to use whale bones for corsets...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      As a rabbit burrows, what happens to the soil it encounters? Is it not conceivable that in the pile of soil thrown backward as the rabbit burrows that "a couple of vertebrae and other bones" could be thrown up to the surface?

Nowhere in the article does it mention that a fox had "got someone's spine out a coffin and were having a good chew on it.", let alone one from a body that had spent the past 150 years underground.
                      FFS, I am currently about 150 yards away from the feckin place. My knowledge of the subject comes from more than a newspaper.

It was foxes.

Comment

Working...
                      X