• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where does one stand in this situation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firehawk View Post
    oh I think it does with what happened and how things have been since week #1 and the things I put up with. i dont shout or be abusive or anything, that is being polite and respectful and just leave it at the end of the working day.
    I think you should call the agent and give your side of the story. Don't wait for them to call you.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      I think you should call the agent and give your side of the story. Don't wait for them to call you.
      I thought this had been done already.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Time for a wake-up call firehawk, let’s see how this is being viewed by the protagonists:
        Bolshie twot at client – Sorted, got rid of that useless git, can blame all delays on him now.
        Hiring manager – What a clueless chump, just walked off without a word, contractors are a waste of space.
        Agent – Sorry clientco, the guy is an idiot and must have told us all lies, smarm, smarm, I have a much better candidate ready to start tomorrow. Right – let’s see if I can cause him grief by threatening to claim all commission for the 6 months of the contract.
        You – potless, no contract, all the confidence of a whipped dog.
        Yeah but you were in the right and really showed them what’s what, should make you feel better watching JK.

Comment

Sorry but unlike you, i refuse to be abused or bullied by anyone.... and people have to learn their mistakes.

furthermore in the time i was there, they already had 2 other contractors and had got rid of them within days, i was the longer lasting one. im not the only one that has had this problem, permie staff have had that too. - i know what im doing.
          Last edited by firehawk; 7 June 2010, 09:46.

Comment

Sorry but unlike you, i refuse to be abused or bullied by anyone.... and people have to learn their mistakes.

furthermore in the time i was there, they already had 2 other contractors and had got rid of them within days, i was the longer lasting one. im not the only one that has had this problem, permie staff have had that too. - i know what im doing.
            I think you really ought to tell the agent your side of the story. Get the boot in first to protect your own interests. Don't rant, but be polite and firm, and put it in writing.

You might end up doing a big favour for future contractors there.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

sure, no worries.

i almost had a breakdown on friday because of it all to be honest. but i will tell them, however I DID raise this issue before with them and they were aware of it

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                I think you really ought to tell the agent your side of the story. Get the boot in first to protect your own interests. Don't rant, but be polite and firm, and put it in writing.

You might end up doing a big favour for future contractors there.
                careful what you put in writing
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I find that it's best in these situations not to be over sensitive. When you feel you are being picked on, imagine yourself in a big bubble. Once inside your imaginary bubble, their words won't be able to get to you. And don't be ashamed to sneak off to the toilets and have a good cry.

Comment

I know what you mean mate, im not sensitive/overly sensitive at all - it was absolutely brutal and have a tough skin, but this was just ridiculous given the fact that there were NO DOCUMENTS OF ANY KIND to follow, read or understand...and expected to do something, make something from thin air......im not a magician, sorry

Comment

You don't have to convince me, I am just telling you what they are thinking - After 9 clients over 14 years contracting, I have seen this and most of the other things you can expect.
                      Forget the others who couldn't hack it or the perms or who was right, no one cares. You will be getting slagged rotten and you are out of pocket - that is your reality, everyone else will carry on getting paid and blaming you for the lot now you are gone - end of !

Comment

Working...
                      X