• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    After I'd rejected the last crop I received a terse email from said agency suggesting that it my requirements that were flawed rather than their in house filtering.

fookin eejets
    Had the same, luckily the company I work for have two agencies on PSL. I told both of them that the other agents were providing better candidates. Soon changed their tune.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      3.5 each day not each way.

I get to work on plan B on the train.
      What line do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        What line do you use?
        Oh god what have I started.

Glasgow Edinburgh shuttle, ocassionally the East Coast mainline between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Comment

Glasgow Edinburgh shuttle, ocassionally the East Coast mainline between Glasgow and Edinburgh.
          Ah yes. British Rail Mark 4 rolling stock and Class 91 locomotives.

Comment

and it doesn't look like it will finish anytime soon
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Never been busier either although not particularly niche. Moving to Spain at the end of the year with Plan B and still carrying on with current contract since I work at home anyway. Won't be sorry to leave here that's for sure.
              And judging by your photos you live in a nice part of the world!

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Seems to be picking up in the Linux / UNIX sysadmin area given the increasing amount of email I'm getting.
              This is good news. I'm still pressing ahead with a Windows Sysadmin course as it's something extra under my belt.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                And judging by your photos you live in a nice part of the world!
                Nice part of the world but it's still UK
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                X