• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

electric/cordless screwdriver

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosch. Expensive but worth it.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
      Ah the old multi-purpose "Bodging Hammer"....
      Not for nothing is a hammer known as a "Manchester screwdriver". A hammer is quite useful for getting wood screws started quickly.

"When all else fails use bloody great nails" is another phrase I remember from my student holiday jobs.

(a politer version is "When all else fails use six inch nails")
      Last edited by Sysman; 26 May 2010, 13:20.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        Not for nothing is a hammer known as a "Manchester screwdriver". A hammer is quite useful for getting screws started quickly.

"When all else fails use bloody great nails" is another phrase I remember from my student holiday jobs.

(a politer version is "When all else fails use six inch nails")
        When in doubt..... just give it a clout!
        If it doesn't move..... HIT it!

A classic from a Chippy I used to work with - "Bugger.... It's 'kin broken!! Chuck us another one!!"
        and
        "Not to worry - we can paint over that!"

Comment

Bosch Ixo 4 is what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            When in doubt..... just give it a clout!
            If it doesn't move..... HIT it!

A classic from a Chippy I used to work with - "Bugger.... It's 'kin broken!! Chuck us another one!!"
            and
            "Not to worry - we can paint over that!"
            There was a classic tale told by a shop fitter about an expensive plate glass window they were fitting. They managed to smash several of them by a mixture of incompetence, planning and skill. British workmanship at its finest.

Someone should have recorded that tale, for it took a good 20 minutes to tell and had us laughing for days after.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Bosch Ixo 4 is what you want.
              3.6V
              and no torque settings.. don't think its what I'm after

But ta for taking the trouble anyway
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                3.6V
                and no torque settings.. don't think its what I'm after

But ta for taking the trouble anyway
                Can't you just get a bloke to do it for you...means you could get back into the kitchen- much less confusion all around
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                X