• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summary care records

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I'm not debating banks, neither do I want to. Whatever they do is done. Please, forget bloody banks and stay on the subject of summary care records.

I agree with you that such a database is desirable but I'm not happy with the potential for reduced security or privacy. Someone hacking or misusing a nationwide database is a lot easier than breaking into doctors' surgeries at night.
    Absolute nonsense, I could be in and out of a surgery in 2 minutes, the police will not rush to go to a surgery if the alarm is going off, chemist yes but not a surgery. Really it does not need to be that hard, fairly common for surgeries to hire temp staff to do some file admin tasks, easy to get a job. The easiest way really is to instigate a file transfer but I won't go into the specifics of that online.

Any of these is going to be easier, far far easier than cracking a secure database. If it was that easy the police database would have been done over already and it never has.

Believe me, if I wanted to get to your file I would be able to get to it.

Comment

Rightio. I actually worked on a team that was responsible for developing the software to migrate GP records. So if you want to break into a surgery and nick their hardrive, I have the software to decode at least 8 of them including EMIS, Torex, Synergy, Exeter, Seetec.

Cost you though!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
      X