• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gbp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Yeah, speak in simple terms to me, I am not a financial genius.

Are you saying that UK's GDP vs private debt is NOT a contributing factor for GBP collapsing in last few days ?
    Hey SY, I think he's waiting.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Why don't you answer Automatix question instead of blathering on like a retarded spastic?
      I have. I'll leave you to ponder my posts in this thread. Please don't post until the penny has dropped. Hint, coffee - biscuits.

HTH
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Hey SY, I think he's waiting.
        So am I, for the penny to drop with you cretins, and for you to post a lucid counter argument. I fear I may have to wait quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          So am I, for the penny to drop with you cretins, and for you to post a lucid counter argument. I fear I may have to wait quite some time.
          We will leave the congregation to judge.
          Never in the history of CUK has such a tiny intellect generated so much noise.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Really? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

I'll take that bet.
              Are you going to share with us the reasons why you would take that position?

Edit : I love those who think banks/countries are too big to fail. Lehmans, Dubaii, Spain? When will the penny drop.
              Lehman Brothers was too big to fail, so of course it didn't.

Comment

Really? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                Actually, I do think that over the last couple of days you have exceeded Andyw's efforts at saturation irritation. Well done!

Comment

SY, I am not having a go at you. I started this thread specifically to see if any of the wizards on this forum had a clue why GBP was suddenly collapsing. We know why Euro collapsed. But why GBP now? What is looming? Any bank failure ? etc etc. I have a family to take care of and I believe in taking action if I know what is round the corner.

You mentioned a theory about private debt. I want to know if this was a determining factor. Why ? Because if that is actually a cause, then does that mean billions of private debt is to be repaid within a few days and we do not have money? I just need a cause to currency collapse. If we are headed Argentina way then I will take action to get out of GBP and into USD. Simple as that.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

SY, I am not having a go at you. I started this thread specifically to see if any of the wizards on this forum had a clue why GBP was suddenly collapsing. We know why Euro collapsed. But why GBP now? What is looming? Any bank failure ? etc etc. I have a family to take care of and I believe in taking action if I know what is round the corner.

You mentioned a theory about private debt. I want to know if this was a determining factor. Why ? Because if that is actually a cause, then does that mean billions of private debt is to be repaid within a few days and we do not have money? I just need a cause to currency collapse. If we are headed Argentina way then I will take action to get out of GBP and into USD. Simple as that.
                    Well if we knew we would all be making shed loads wouldn't we?

FWIW I believe that much of the European economy (including parts of the UK) are fooked long term as we pay ourselves too much to do too little. The market is simply exposing this fact and this trend will continue.

From a practical point fo view, hedge all your bets - I have Swiss Franc and USD accounts as well as some gold holdings. My biggest asset in the UK is my house.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

The inflation figures from yesterday are creating uncertainty. If the BofE were to stick to its inflation killing remit it should be raising interest rates, but that would kill off the fragile recovery.

It is between a rock and a hard place, what will it do? Are we going to have more recession or inflation instead?

Comment

Working...
                      X