• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Normal Salaries - Wow!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or become the hiring manager/director.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Which again is why contracting is a good idea, as they are paying a king's ransom every day and have the choice to listen to you or not. Permy salaries are never that good in general, and if anyone tells you any different they liars. IT is a pretty crap industry to be in anyway so no one wants to listen to you in the first place as the whole department is an overhead anyway.

Rarely do you find a company that understands "competitive advantage" and how to use IT properly and they just carry on regardless with no standards, no design, no objectives, no testing, no documentation and just produce "ball of mud" systems the previous encumbant could no longer fathom out or got sacked for producing. At interview it's sold as a "challenge", in reality it's day after day of tulipe, on a low salary with no one listening. Seriously.
      I think you missed my point, if they are paying you their idea of "a king's ransom" they will listen. If they pay you your idea of a king's ransom maybe not. You have not uped your game enough!
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        I think you missed my point, if they are paying you their idea of "a king's ransom" they will listen. If they pay you your idea of a king's ransom maybe not. You have not uped your game enough!
        Are you still on the bench?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          ouch
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            No, not been on the bench for years, I am heading there in July.
            I would like a 6 month contract, to keep me bussy until I head off for the winter. But the war chest can take me having 9 months off.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              ouch
              There is a dip in the bench, from his last visit
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                No, not been on the bench for years, I am heading there in July.
                I would like a 6 month contract, to keep me bussy until I head off for the winter. But the war chest can take me having 9 months off.
                <sniff><sniff>Yeah right...

Comment

have read the thread, thank you it is very informative.

What shocks me the the most is that, in my opinion, general salaries have not improved since the mid 90's.

Yet during the same period the cost of living has risen dramatically and the value of the currency has fallen in parallel

I wonder when we will see another 80's level increase in salaries, what I mean is, from mid 80's to mid 90's there was large salary inflation, wonder if that will ever happen again ?

seems salaries in general have a lot fo catching up to do

what does the jury think ?

Sas, take a tablet before replying please.

Ta,

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    What shocks me the the most is that, in my opinion, general salaries have not improved since the mid 90's.

Yet during the same period the cost of living has risen dramatically and the value of the currency has fallen in parallel
                    I think you will find that thanks to Gordon's superb financial management then inflation has been low all through this period so salaries have not needed to rise.

Now the tories are in, watch it take off.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      I wonder when we will see another 80's level increase in salaries, what I mean is, from mid 80's to mid 90's there was large salary inflation, wonder if that will ever happen again ?
                      Salaries, maybe in nominal terms. In real terms, no way, not without some game changing technology. Think increasing world demand for resources and peak just about everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X