• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Railway Stations...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    What's the name of the pub directly opposite the entrance to the station?
    The Queens Tap?

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      Can't remeber but they have heavy metal bands on sometimes
      You see it every day and don't know the name?

You're not really in Swindon, are you?

Comment

What's the name of the pub directly opposite the entrance to the station?
        The Queens Tap
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Carstairs Junction, followed immediately by Lockerbie Station (and Blue Bell afterwards!), the day of 9/11 - lots of Dutch Journos about asking the locals for interviews cos of Lockerbie Disaster parallel, locals not happy, really malevolent atmos and a nowhere to hide station...

Best was Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, especially the Wandelplatz and it's cheap and abundant kebabs. Followed closely by Berlin's new main station...

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            The Queens Tap
            Full marks chubs. Btw, I was asking SASGURU's sockie.

Comment

And I'm in another country.

And it appears a better memory.

Comment

I also pass another pub on the left hand side just after that one. I don't know its name either as to be honest I am preoccupied with the day's programming challenges ahead of me. But, for your information, I walk from the station to Fleming way to get the bus out to Pipers Way. Which is where I work.

Comment

Ahem

I've never actually been to Swindon though, I only answered to show that if that dull sockie had half a braincell he could have Googled it in seconds.

Comment

Very poor quality sockie too.

When I were a lad, on't'railway, we had quality gricers. My T.O. was one, when he weren't at work he would be gricing, and when he went off on honeymoon, setting off from Doncaster Main Station it just so happened the switches on Queen Annes bridge played up, so up he rolled his suit arms and with a borrowed yellow jersey started slapping that elbow grease about to free up a sticking clamp-lock.

Them were the days. When men were men, and gricers had proper elastoplast holding their glasses together.

Comment

Cheers Gricerboy, I know the place. Are you working for Steve Peterson?

Comment

Working...
                      X