• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pressie Ideas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
    Trust a cavvy to come up with the best ideas. Nickname is 'Baps' so not sure how best to reflect this in a present. Trying to get her to go out anywhere without the kids is always a struggle (we do everything together as a family).

I looked up what 12 years was (in terms of 1=paper, 2=cotton, etc), and 12 is silk or fine linen. Would some nice black silk sheets for the bed along with a nice set of linen napkins be acceptable?

She does like her plants/trees so maybe the magnolia tree could be a winner....

Does she actually like you anymore? Need to get her some outside the home interest or when the kids leave you're in trouble, empty nest etc.

Have a listen to the Beatles 'She's Leaving Home', heartbreaking but true if you end up just living for your kids.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      Does she actually like you anymore? Need to get her some outside the home interest or when the kids leave you're in trouble, empty nest etc.

Have a listen to the Beatles 'She's Leaving Home', heartbreaking but true if you end up just living for your kids.
      FFS man, the guy's asking what present to buy not for marraige guidance counselling..
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        FFS man, the guy's asking what present to buy not for marraige guidance counselling..
        Ok Ok point taken, buy her gag for when you surprise her up the oxo tower.
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Ok Ok point taken, buy her gag for when you surprise her up the oxo tower.
          How do you know it'd be a surprise?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            How do you know it'd be a surprise?
            Well it would be a surprise coming from Flubster going on his earlier posts.

Or have you been busy lately

Comment

Well it would be a surprise coming from Flubster going on his earlier posts.

Or have you been busy lately
              Hey! I'm a one woman Dog!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Hey! I'm a one woman Dog!
                creep.... you can get away with things on a Monday cos CM will have forgot by Friday

Comment

creep.... you can get away with things on a Monday cos CM will have forgot by Friday
                  Home on Thursday this week, less chance of CM forgetting...

Comment

Not just you.

Just had 13 years wedding anniversary with my pin. Been together much longer.

She is a keen photographer so I bought her a lcd photo frame filled it shots of the kids and cats, trip to a nice Chinese restaurant (without the kids) and hey presto I'm the proud recipient of a bed sheet enema.

It is the thought that counts, a bit of effort and they actually realise you care.

Made me laugh about the dogging, one of the mummy Mafia was round other day when the fake sign came on the news. Strangely conversation turned to dogging, said mummy - "oh yes me & X tried dogging, we were quite adventurous in our sex life".

After I cleared up the newly applied coffee spray finish that graced our kitchen table, we worked out she was talking about the type of dogging that makes your knees ache not the more sociable type.

She can tell her children apart by using their surnames so your wife has nothing to worry about.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

how about a holiday in the maldives?
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X