• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People who keep you on the line and then let you down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like watching rugby: the players tend to have nice bums
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      The best response to that was invented by the legendary Ireland second row Willie John McBride, who captained the Lions in SA in the 70s. Any Lion got any hassle at all would shout ‘99’ and every Lion was to punch the nearest SA player. JPR Williams sprinted 50 yards from full back and floored a SA second row with one punch.

Not a pretty sight, but a rugby team that has that kind of unity will always do well.
      Legend!!

Love it... might try it out on OS next time I see him!
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        I like watching rugby: the players tend to have nice bums
        Oh God yeah... me and my sis were sitting pitchside (thank you Dad!!) when Gordon D'Arcy ripped his shorts and changed them on the pitch... OMG, nice ass!!
        Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          I hope it goes well anyway mate.
          Among other teams, we shall be playing against this lot, so I think you'll understand that I can't be doing with namby-pamby girly woofters who cry off with weak excuses.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Among other teams, we shall be playing against this lot, so I think you'll understand that I can't be doing with namby-pamby girly woofters who cry off with weak excuses.
            Will they do a Hakka?
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Will they do a Hakka?
              A haka, probably, yes, and I shall have to lead the team to stand up to it and take the challenge. OK with me; I’m not a lily-livered Dutchman.

Oh, and no, I won’t be doing a Morris dance to take the piss.

Legend has it that Fran Cotton, England prop of old, at the great North of England vs New Zealand match of 1979 where the North beat the All Blacks, shouted at his players ‘look at those dancing poofters’ as the All Blacks did their haka. One of the backs said ‘steady on Fran, they heard that’. Of course, Fran Cotton was a big ugly bastard made of granite. I’m made of flesh and bones.

Comment

A haka, probably, yes, and I shall have to lead the team to stand up to it and take the challenge. OK with me; I’m not a lily-livered Dutchman.

Oh, and no, I won’t be doing a Morris dance to take the piss.

Legend has it that Fran Cotton, England prop of old, at the great North of England vs New Zealand match of 1979 where the North beat the All Blacks, shouted at his players ‘look at those dancing poofters’ as the All Blacks did their haka. One of the backs said ‘steady on Fran, they heard that’. Of course, Fran Cotton was a big ugly bastard made of granite. I’m made of flesh and bones.
                Yeah - might be better if you just take it!

But - think of how it was in the early 80's when it was skinny white boys doing it for NZ... you could well take those fella's!!
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Yeah - might be better if you just take it!

But - think of how it was in the early 80's when it was skinny white boys doing it for NZ... you could well take those fella's!!
                  Yep. In fact the physical difference in the last 20 years or so is so great that international teams of that era would be wiped off the park by many amateur club sides these days.

Comment

Working...
                  X