• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Macmillan Cancer Support

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Just another bump on this thread - Dave only needs a couple more sponsors to get to his target.
    Thanks 5*.

Yep, almost there!

Just checked the weather forcast 7c max temp and chance of storms!
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Good luck - lost both parents to cancer.

Dad, Xmas day 1975 and I went to my Mum's funeral yesterday.

I will visit and give.

Comment

Right, thats it, packed and ready to go.

See you all on Monday at some point, assuming I don't do myself an injury in the meantime.

Thanks to all who have donated, you've all been extremely generous!

Comment

Well we did it. Along with 4000 or so other people, over 81 Miles with 2000ft of climbing, in a grand total time of 6 hrs 5 mins and 20 secs. A little below the official pace time but we dodged the Broom Wagon.

Weather was great in the end, cool for most of the morning with the sun coming out later on. Glorious blue skies and sunshine at the top of Schiehallon. There were no major incidents or breakdowns between us, although Son did have to be pushed up the hills from about the 70 mile mark. Yours truly clocked the fastest time down the mountain, although not up it. That went to Phil who came 26th overall in the king of the mountain competition. Top speed on the descent of 45 mph. I knew it paid to be a lardy git

We've raised a total of £1040 so far with donations still to come in. We should have at least another £250 yet to add to the total.

Huge thanks to everyone here who donated, you were all extremely generous and we wouldn't have hit our target without you.

I'm off to have a long hot bath and a snooze!

Comment

Well done Dave

Comment

Well done! Sounds like a real challenge.

Comment

Nice one

Comment

Working...
                X