• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Start of a new era

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You lost, fair and square, live with it
    It doesn't justify a front page as stomach-churning as that.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
      You only sing when yer winning, sing when yer wiiiinnnnning! You only sing when yer winnning!

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
        Not as stomach churning as Gordon Brown's parting speech exploiting his two young sons
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          Yep a couple of over privileged privately educated toffs, who have feck all in common with the average man/woman in this country.
          Of course, this has never happened before:

After attending Durham's Chorister School from 1961 to 1966, [Tony] Blair boarded at Fettes College, an independent school in Edinburgh, where he met Charlie Falconer (a pupil at the rival Edinburgh Academy), whom he later appointed Lord Chancellor.
          Alistair Darling was born in London the son of a civil engineer, Thomas, and his wife, Anna. He is the great-nephew of Sir William Darling, who was Conservative MP for Edinburgh South (1945–1957). He was educated in Kirkcaldy, and the private Loretto School, Musselburgh, East Lothian
          [Ruth] Kelly was born in Limavady, Northern Ireland. She also lived briefly in the Republic of Ireland before moving to England where she attended Edgarley Hall - the prep school for Millfield School. She was privately educated at Sutton High School
          Charles Leslie Falconer, Baron Falconer of Thoroton, PC (born 19 November 1951) is a British Labour politician... educated at the Edinburgh Academy [an independent school]

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
            That sort of narrow minded chip on the shoulder northern (I guess you are northern) attitude is quite pathetic & is just as dangerous as racism..
            I find that comment racist.

Seriously.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              Yep a couple of over privileged privately educated toffs
              You're right. Don't pick people who've been to the the best schools and universities to get the best education money can buy.
              who have feck all in common with the average man/woman in this country.
              The average man in this country is not very bright and thinks beer and football are more important than the economy.

Why do you want a leader who is 'average' or 'in touch'? That's really not their job. When you have 60million people to lead, being able to empathise with bin-men isn't really going to fix the deficit.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                You're right. Don't pick people who've been to the the best schools and universities to get the best education money can buy. The average man in this country is not very bright and thinks beer and football are more important than the economy.

Why do you want a leader who is 'average' or 'in touch'? That's really not their job. When you have 60million people to lead, being able to empathise with bin-men isn't really going to fix the deficit.

Genius, and true.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Genius, and true.
                  Bollocks. IQ Distribution is Normal. But if you start with IT Contractors (then cough, you're right!)

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    You're right. Don't pick people who've been to the the best schools and universities to get the best education money can buy. The average man in this country is not very bright and thinks beer and football are more important than the economy.

I'd think anyone who gets to the position of challenging for position of prime minister is far from average. Leading the country isn't an intelligence test, or we'd have smart PM's (And I don't recall too many of them). And FFS the guy who's job it is to fix the deficit, despite the best education money could buy has a 2nd clas degree in history from oxford, I;m not to sure how that qualifies him ....

Anyway, going to the best schools etc just means you've had a better education, it doesn't make you smarter. I'd go with the guy who rose above all that and still made it to the one who had it handed to him on a platter every day of the week.
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                      I'd think anyone who gets to the position of challenging for position of prime minister is far from average. Leading the country isn't an intelligence test, or we'd have smart PM's (And I don't recall too many of them). And FFS the guy who's job it is to fix the deficit, despite the best education money could buy has a 2nd clas degree in history from oxford, I;m not to sure how that qualifies him ....

Anyway, going to the best schools etc just means you've had a better education, it doesn't make you smarter. I'd go with the guy who rose above all that and still made it to the one who had it handed to him on a platter every day of the week.
                      How much of the donkey work (calculations, projections, numerical analysis, etc) does a Chancellor or PM do? Is he more of an source of half-baked ideas and the front man for the resulting analysis of backroom people who have been given a rough objective and who are less numerically challenged?

Comment

Working...
                      X