• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Staying Away: Hotel Tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Yep had exactly same problem. The free option is as close to unusable as it can come. Utter joke in this day and age.
    +1
    Using my mobile as wifi hub generated much better speeds, when I stayed in one last week. Unfortunately I find that inside many Premier inns the 3G /4G reception is often poor as well. In many cases the best I could get was Edge.

Comment

If you are lucky enough to stay at a Premier Inn that has a built on Toby Inn or similar, you might find you can connect to the Toby Inn's wi fi better.

Few years back I stayed at Kingston Park outside Newcastle. The Premier Inn wanted £5 an hour for wi fi but the adjacent Toby Inn was Cloud based so I could log on for free.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Remove the pillow chocolates before getting into bed. I seem to have neglected to do this, it rode down to mid way and melted all over the sheet.

I can no longer stay in my fav hotel.

This tulip is real.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Remove the pillow chocolates before getting into bed. I seem to have neglected to do this, it rode down to mid way and melted all over the sheet.

I can no longer stay in my fav hotel.

This tulip is real.
          I thought you only wet the bed not tulip it
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You can get quite good IHG group (Holiday Inn, Crown Plaza, etc) reductions using this link:
            IHG | InterContinental Hotels Group

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              You can get quite good IHG group (Holiday Inn, Crown Plaza, etc) reductions using this link:
              IHG | InterContinental Hotels Group
              Even better, avoid Holiday Inns altogether and find somewhere cheaper. £80 a night, nah.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                Even better, avoid Holiday Inns altogether and find somewhere cheaper. £80 a night, nah.
                It depends a lot of the day of the week and location, the link I provided gives a discount up to 25% which makes it attractive to stay in HI or HI express on some occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  £80 a night?!

I pay £100 a week for my private lodgings in Cambridge, and I can leave things there over the weekend.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

With 2 tube strikes on during the week 24th August I need to find accommodation in central London.

Just spent £105 to cover Tuesday to Friday near work with breakfast included

UniversityRooms: cheap accommodation in London
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      With 2 tube strikes on during the week 24th August I need to find accommodation in central London.

Just spent £105 to cover Tuesday to Friday near work with breakfast included

UniversityRooms: cheap accommodation in London
                      I've stayed at Beaumont this summer. Wasn't bad. Shame about the roadworks nearby making the bus journey absolute tulip.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X