• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great Britain: the new Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Britain: the new Germany

This year I will pay less tax
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Is German beer better?

Comment

Er, yes. Over 1200 breweries here and no binge drinking.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
        Er, yes. Over 1200 breweries here and no binge drinking.
        Don't forget, the UK government definition of a binge for a man is more than a pint and a half of beer in a single session (more than one pint is the government definition of a "binge" for a woman).

And they wonder why no one other than hysterical Daily Mail editors and readers takes them seriously.

Comment

I think that they should change the measures in pubs -- can't wait to go to the bar and ask for "two binges of lager and a packet of crisps"
          Plan A is located just about here.
          If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            Is German beer better?
            Daft question, course German beer is better. British beer tastes like used bathwater flavoured with old socks (obviously the brewers skill lies in blending the socks, and occasionally using someone elses bathwater) and then served warm. To make it more interesting they call it "real ale".
            The only good beer in Britain comes from somewhere else.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
              Daft question, course German beer is better. British beer tastes like used bathwater flavoured with old socks (obviously the brewers skill lies in blending the socks, and occasionally using someone elses bathwater) and then served warm. To make it more interesting they call it "real ale".
              The only good beer in Britain comes from somewhere else.
              Bollox! The only reason you like German beer is because it's served so cold you can taste feck all!

Comment

There is no such thing as German beer, only German lager. You'll be talking about French war heroes next.

I'm told German lager is better than the stuff brewed in England, but the only time I drink either is when there is no beer available, e.g., when I worked in Germany.

Comment

Working...
                X