• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farken hell!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farken hell!

Ive been on holiday for the last 3 weeks so hadnt bothered to renew my Oyster card until I am due to return to work (on Monday) but today I was officially bent over an apple cart by Red Ken!

Eleven farken pounds to use the underground to go from Canary Wharf to Westminster with my wife and daughter! If'n that ain a 100% price increase because they have got rid of family travel cards!

On the other hand...I feel "special" because now only the rich can afford to use the underground

Mailman

Originally posted by Mailman
    I feel "special" because now only the rich can afford to use the underground
    The poor will just borrow a bit more.

Comment

You have to understand, it costs a hell of a lot of money to pay those crucial to public safety, lazy, disinterested semi-illiterate station staff a basic salary of £33k for a 35 hour week and 59 days paid leave every year.

Comment

Im more concerned with the lazy, disinterested semi-illiterate management that run the underground!

Mailman

Comment

Couldn't they just tarmac the whole thing over? The big bits into motorways, the little tunnels into cycle paths.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            Couldn't they just tarmac the whole thing over? The big bits into motorways, the little tunnels into cycle paths.
            It would be too hard to get the push bikes in and out of the stations.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

I would suggest they spread some salt and grit about.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
              X