• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'king 'ell - it's cold!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    l

The Yorkshire Dales (also known as The Dales) ... lies within the historic county boundaries of Yorkshire, though it spans the ceremonial counties of North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Cumbria. Most of the area falls within the Yorkshire Dales National Park, created in 1954, and now one of the fifteen National parks of Britain.

The Peak District is an upland area in central and northern England, lying mainly in northern Derbyshire, but also covering parts of Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Staffordshire, and South and West Yorkshire.

The Snake Pass is the name given to the higher reaches of the A57 road where it crosses the Peak District between Manchester and Sheffield in the north of England.

Edale (pronounced /ˈiːdeɪl/) is a small Derbyshire village and Civil parish in the Peak District, in the Midlands of England.
    He could've meant the Derbyshire Dales...

Comment

It was absolutely freezing on my bike this morning and we also had a hailstorm over the weekend. Yuk.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        It was absolutely freezing on my bike this morning and we also had a hailstorm over the weekend. Yuk.
        I went for a cycle ride yesterday and momentarily thought about putting on gloves. As it turned out it wasn't too bad.

Comment

One of the perms has just rung facilities to get them to turn the heating up in the office.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Ive just put a heater on in my home office, its a bit chilly.

Alternatively, I could actually put some clothes on that might be a better idea.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              I went for a cycle ride yesterday and momentarily thought about putting on gloves. As it turned out it wasn't too bad.
              This was at 5:20 this morning.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Ive just put a heater on in my home office, its a bit chilly.

Alternatively, I could actually put some clothes on that might be a better idea.
                Oh Jesus Christ!!! The image!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Oh Jesus Christ!!! The image!!!
                  You love a bit of it! You
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Don't tell 'em your name Pike!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      He could've meant the Derbyshire Dales...
                      I did
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X