• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro v Pound

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a longer term view, the Weekly EURGBP chart has formed a triangle since December 2008.
    Based on the trend previous to the triangle, we could expect a breakout to the upside and a continuation of the move.

In other words, sterling could depreciate further against the euro.
    Last edited by SantaClaus; 2 May 2010, 23:34.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
      the Weekly EURGBP chart has formed a triangle since December 2008.
      And WTF does that supposed to mean?

Comment

Hung parliament will be bad for the pound, if Nick Clegg pushes Labour to become left wing which is how I interpret him at the moment. He seems to be appealing to Labour defectors.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          And WTF does that supposed to mean?
          This

I can't comment either way. However, I see EURGBP as the crossfire between EURUSD and GBPUSD so don't track it seriously.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Hung parliament will be bad for the pound, if Nick Clegg pushes Labour to become left wing which is how I interpret him at the moment. He seems to be appealing to Labour defectors.

Any scent of Labour remaining in power in anyway is bad for the pound.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
              What recovery? 'danger of a double dip'? Absolute certainty of a continued downward spiral is nearer the truth. The marginal halt in the plummet is due to the election. Post election the pound is toast, IRs are up, there will be no choice, and those that have over-stretched themselves and heavily into debt are in real trouble. Negative equity for 'recent' house purchasers, unemployment up, massive cuts in public services.

Id expect riots like in greece but doubt the great unwashed have either the motivation to get up off their arses and stop watching X Factor on ice in the jungle or the capacity to understand anything to do with money.

You need to be making plans to leave, you really do.
              Top post. Although I believe there are enough EDL/Football Thugs/Bra burning types in this country to put together a reasonable display in the square mile. The establishment must be terrified of a civillian revolt, just based on the sheer numbers and likely disolving into anarchy that would be unstoppable.

Edit : I just sat hear day dreaming of Friday morning waking up to the news of Gordon getting back in. Felt my blood boil. Mr No-more-boom-and-bust, having left us with the greatest deficit since WW2. Of-ye-go Gordon, you've done enough. Pillock.
              Last edited by suityou01; 3 May 2010, 10:12.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Everything points to the pound going down if there is a hung parliament.

Not necessarily bad for the UK though.

One of the companies I invest in just published accounts in US dollars. The salary costs had gone down by about 10% last year, with no cut in head count, mainly due to some employees being paid in GBP.

Also makes contracting in Europe more attractive.

Having said that I reckon the conservatives will get a majority and it will strengthen.

Comment

Our weakness is our strength and Greece's strength is its weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Our weakness is our strength and Greece's strength is its weakness.
                    How apposite.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X