• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Arrows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil "The Power" Taylor trains for approximately 5-7 hrs a day..... that's more work than the average Chav does in his day (or us!!)..... I say bring it into the Olympics....

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
      Isn't darts just the indoor version of the Javelin?
      without a run up
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Ok.....how about an IT Geek's version of the Olympic Games ?

Event 1 : Hardcore C# Programming

The contestant has to write 101 lines of non-recursive and syntatically-correct code that will produce a tangible and measurable benefit to humankind. They must do this whilst they are naked and covered in honey inside a large barrel of red ants.

Event 2 : Coffee-a-thon

The contestants must go without coffee for 24 hours, and try to stay awake in a PM meeting to discuss "Operational Requirements" for a new system

Event 3 : Agent-Baiting

Each contestant will be scrutinised by a panel of recruitment consultants, who are attempting to solicit more business from the contestant. The contestant who successfully gets the agents eating shards of glass out of his hands, whilst giving nothing away to the agents will be deemed the winner.

Event 4 : Tape-Changing Dexterity

The contestant will enter an arena where there are 400 servers in various states of backup completion. They must take an ejected tape from a server once it ejects within 10 seconds and run to the media library in the middle of the arena and correctly label and file the tape away.

Event 5 : Social Skills

This event has been cancelled due to lack of qualified contestants
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
          without a run up
          Ah, you've obviously not played "How long does it take to removed the deeply embedded dart in the dartboard" game then?
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

You can't beat a bit of bully!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak
              10 events? It would be all over in a weekend - and we wouldn't have to spend £1bn to host it. Center Parcs could cope...
              And all the competitors should have to take part in the nude, just like they did in the good old days.
              I'm Spartacus.

Comment

in door sports

synchronized drinking

shot put = monitor throwing

etc etc....
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

....desk hurdles...
                  ...stair well relay.....

it would certainly enlighten my day today.....

Comment

What, to see how far you can throw them?

Anyway, by 2012 Phil Taylor will be past it, and we'll lose out in the medals to dodgy dutchmen.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
                      What, to see how far you can throw them?

Anyway, by 2012 Phil Taylor will be past it, and we'll lose out in the medals to dodgy dutchmen.
                      What about Wayne Mardle, Adrian Lewis and Peter Manley....?

Comment

Working...
                      X