• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm on benefits....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    And sustain 20 fags, 12 cans of stella a day habit while ponsing around with their 3 kids called Chardonnay, Trent, and Kylie all of whom and under 5, have Nike's and iPhones.

Don't mind minimal food and shelter to survive. But it's taking the p1ss these days.
    I work close to a town that has a high rate of benefit spongers. There was a good deal on an IPOD recently in the O2 shop and when I visited the shop in the town filled with chav mums the staff told me the stock ran out within an hour.

I then visited another shop in an affluent town and there were loads in stock.

I drew my own conclusions.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      My position is: why should people suffer because of government policy? If the government is happy to bring lots of people in on cheap wages then why should the people who would otherwise do these jobs bother looking for work, and additional to that, why should they suffer a lower standard of living?
      Are you sure it happened in that order? A lot of menial/unskilled work has been farmed out to foreigners as the local populace seem to think such roles are beneath them (or more likely they get more from playing "the system")...
      Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
        Are you sure it happened in that order? A lot of menial/unskilled work has been farmed out to foreigners as the local populace seem to think such roles are beneath them (or more likely they get more from playing "the system")...
        Well, if you put it in that order then the government are even more to blame. It's a 'deus ex machina', they set a bar and make it not worthwhile for the locals to do the jobsbelow that level, and then use that as an excuse to bring in cheap labour. Move the bar a little higher, rinse, repeat. Eventually the government end up with a sizeable gerrymandered group who'll always vote for them.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
          Very good. Feel better? Proud? A surge that says, I'm here, I've made it, THE WORLD IS MINE? The surge Nadal gets when he wins Wimbledon, Tiger wins the Masters, it says I AM A WINNER, I'M THE BEST, I'M GREATEST, I can spot a typo ...
          He's a tester - he spots things like that for a living.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

If the social benefits are there and you qualify for them then you are only mugging yourself if you don't take them. Never be ashamed for having back some of what the government are all too keen of taking from you by force. (This is an aggregate 'you', not specifically any one individual)

Now, should those benefits be there - I don't believed that they should to the extent that they currently exist.

I also believe that there needs to be constraints on the near infinite supply of external workers.

There should be a lot more done to help those that are without work. This help needs to be tailored and practical. Idiotic plans such as driving people into deeper poverty so that low-paid work becomes relatively more attractive, or putting people on chain gangs picking up dog mess in the local park to ridicule them into taking a job, are devoid of any merit. How do they make anyone more desirable as a candidate to an employer?
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Big deal. I know a family where three of them are on benefits (mother, two daughters). One daughter has 5 kids and a husband we believe is working.
              Anyway, each year they take a holiday for five weeks and own a holiday home where they holiday. So at an airfare of about £400 per person x 9 people plus the maintenence on the home.

The taxpayer - getting ripped off by the banks and by scrougers.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Big deal. I know a family where three of them are on benefits (mother, two daughters). One daughter has 5 kids and a husband we believe is working.
                Anyway, each year they take a holiday for five weeks and own a holiday home where they holiday. So at an airfare of about £400 per person x 9 people plus the maintenence on the home.

The taxpayer - getting ripped off by the banks and by scrougers.
                I would suggest in the great scheme of things I'd rather double the money for scroungers than give it to the banks. It'd still work out cheaper by a large margin.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Until such time as we stop giving people money and start giving them food stamps etc so that all the state provides is food and a roof and NO luxuries you will not see anything change.

Except give them a Tesco delivery - they will swap stamps for fags and booze and complain about the indignity of having to use stamps.

Also get them to turn up somewhere at 9:00 and 5:00 every week day or they don't get a delivery that day.
                  Back at the coal face

Comment

What are they holidaying from?

What are they holidaying from?

Jeremy Kyle?

Surely everyone needs a break from that!

J.

Comment

Working...
                    X