• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a mess this forum is

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Wikir Man View Post
    Do PMs work in the new forum, or are they totally borked as well?

(joke)
    Well we'll soon see when mouth almighty gets his.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Aren't you going to all start swearing properly?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Chef - understood/acknowledged. Trust you and MF will take this to PM.

FWIW, I think NF has done a great job, in a short space of time. There are cosmetic and usability issues that will need ironing out in due course - I only wish I'd had the time, at the time, to provide more feedback, but I'm sure there'll be the opportunity later.

The best, most constructive thing we can do if we have any issues with the form or function of the new CUK is to use the thread in the 'welcome' forum to provide feedback that can be prioritised for action if practicable. That approach will be a hell of a lot more useful to us than unstructured bitching, and may actually lead to a resolution to (some) of the frustrations you might have.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Chef - understood/acknowledged. Trust you and MF will take this to PM.

FWIW, I think NF has done a great job, in a short space of time. There are cosmetic and usability issues that will need ironing out in due course - I only wish I'd had the time, at the time, to provide more feedback, but I'm sure there'll be the opportunity later.

The best, most constructive thing we can do if we have any issues with the form or function of the new CUK is to use the thread in the 'welcome' forum to provide feedback that can be prioritised for action if practicable. That approach will be a hell of a lot more useful to us than unstructured bitching, and may actually lead to a resolution to (some) of the frustrations you might have.
          and I'll say again, what I said this morning after I did some early bug testing http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...ml#post1128360. Well done Nick. Good job!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Looks good in chrome.

I think the font for the thread titles could do with being a bit bigger and/or bold. I found it a bit hard to read.

I will try it on my phone later.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              ClientCo's site which gets an enormous amount of traffic stopped catering for IE6 users with the launch of their new site last month. Stats show IE6 accounted for 3.2% of traffic. Just not worth the effort.
              What happens when someone using IE6 tries to use your clientco's site?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                unstructured bitching
                But "unstructured bitching" is what I do best???!!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  What happens when someone using IE6 tries to use your clientco's site?
                  They get a message saying the site isn't available in IE6 and they need to upgrade to see it properly. There comes a point when it's just too much trouble to cater for a few visitors. If they're using IE6 at work then they can visit when they get home.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

They get a message saying the site isn't available in IE6 and they need to upgrade to see it properly. There comes a point when it's just too much trouble to cater for a few visitors. If they're using IE6 at work then they can visit when they get home.

will be interesting to see how long ClientCo remains in business

I can only assume their website is more of a representative web presence formality, than required for reasons of their business

Milan.

Comment

Excellent idea ! I am almost sure this same philosophy can used somewhere. NickFitz, are you listening ?
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X