• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Awesome news at last

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jabber

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      Police would not come for accidents where no one was injured like thankfully was in this case - I effectively just scratched his car with mine having no visible damage, the same stuff can happen when you do parallel parking.
      You’re right AtW. Years ago the police would take a very dim view of anyone coming into the behind of another chap. But times have changed. I don’t think it’s even illegal anymore.

Sounds like the man you came into was very understanding. I’m sure he could have made it much harder for you. If a moustachioed Russian came into the back of me without warning, I don’t think I would be very happy.

But you have to remember that even doing it at low speed like you did can still cause a lot of damage (both on the surface and internally). And it can make it difficult to get isnsurance in the future. This kind of incident still has a bit of a stigma attached to it.

Comment

Do you know if this encounter was videoed AtW ? If it can be clearly seen that you rammed into the behind of this Guy and that he didn't object then there is no need for the Police. In fact you might make a bit of money out of it. Often these videos are put together as a form of entertainment for big bucks, and if there is a clear money shot more people will be interested.

Comment

Working...
        X