• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you wear to work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Coooooooor! Nothing better than ladies in suits IMO. Must be much easier than trying to match outfits every day and looks very smart and professional.

I have thing for ladies shirts and wearing cufflinks as well. Not sure why but always seems to give an air of assertiveness and competency... either that or it just gets me off... one of the two.
    Ladies in summer dresses? I used to hope that one day girls would work out more is less then figured that they only dress up for each other.

Comment

Coooooooor! Nothing better than ladies in suits IMO. Must be much easier than trying to match outfits every day and looks very smart and professional.

I have thing for ladies shirts and wearing cufflinks as well. Not sure why but always seems to give an air of assertiveness and competency... either that or it just gets me off... one of the two.
      Who knows? One day you may even get to talk to a woman.

Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm staying well away from you then

I cannot be ar$ed with choosing outfits, I have a number of suits, shirts (lewins or pink, and yes cufflinks) to go with said suits and that's it. I also have a couple of pairs of shoes that go with said suits.

Considering I have 30 mins to get ready in the morning, I don't need the complications of choosing an outfit.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

It's sad to see that the ability to wear a particular style of clothing is still a determining factor in peoples opinions on whether or not someone is competent or professional.

Comment

Today I am wearing a cheque shirt and a nice pair of Oxford Bags recently purchased from Bicester Viallag Outlet Centre.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
              It's sad to see that the ability to wear a particular style of clothing is still a determining factor in peoples opinions on whether or not someone is competent or professional.
              Indeed. But I long ago gave up trying to change the world.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Black jeans, black shirt. And I'm more smartly dressed than the majority of people in the office.

Tomorrow working from home, so, probably, just a dressing gown.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

As per the other thread

I always wear either Plain Black suit or a charcoal grey with chalk stripe suite, I always wear double cuff shirts, with a cut away collar, never wear a tie and always wear brogues.

I have worked in the square mile since 1994.

Comment

Best I not say.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by aceboy View Post
                      As per the other thread

I always wear either Plain Black suit or a charcoal grey with chalk stripe suite, I always wear double cuff shirts, with a cut away collar, never wear a tie and always wear brogues.

I have worked in the square mile since 1994.
                      Thought cutaway collar were meant for heavy weave (ie. large knot) ties or bow ties?

Comment

Working...
                      X