• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dont let the missus drive your car!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kerbed front and rear alloys on my Corrado a few years ago avoiding a pillock who pulled out of an entrance with high walls either side without looking. It was dodge or T bone the bugger and I instinctively dodged.
    Said pillock didn't stop of course.

They didn't look too bad, but the tyre place I've used for years (and trust) said they were a clear write off and probably the tyres too.

That was £400 a corner as fortunately the wheels were still just about available and 2 new tyres at £350 each. It's damn annoying when that sort of thing happens.

Comment

gave me a good giggle, thanks bb. Mrs rup crashed my a6 into the wall outside our house 7 days after i bought it, so I feel your pain!
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Actually I'm too intelligent to worry about material stuff over a real person.
        And especially not some alloys. What a complete knob you are.

HTH you fookwit, but I doubt it.
        Oh. Do you bleed from your mouth every 28 days then?

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        I kerbed front and rear alloys on my Corrado a few years ago avoiding a pillock who pulled out of an entrance with high walls either side without looking. It was dodge or T bone the bugger and I instinctively dodged.
        Said pillock didn't stop of course.

They didn't look too bad, but the tyre place I've used for years (and trust) said they were a clear write off and probably the tyres too.

That was £400 a corner as fortunately the wheels were still just about available and 2 new tyres at £350 each. It's damn annoying when that sort of thing happens.
        Hopefully, it wont be that bad but ouch!

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post

gave me a good giggle, thanks bb. Mrs rup crashed my a6 into the wall outside our house 7 days after i bought it, so I feel your pain!

Even bigger ouch! Respect!
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

bing bong

Perspective required, isle 2

Comment

One for the future...
            http://www.alloygator.co.uk/products.asp
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Mistakes in order:-

1. You have a woman driving your car

2. You expect her to drive to the same standard as you

3. Her spatial coordination was deficient enough to cause damage to you offside wheels

Sounds cheaper than a divorce - you're quids in!
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                Lovely day in the north west so decided to get the 3 series convertible out and go for a drive.

Decided the missus should drive and get use to the automatic. Set the sat nav up for our destination about 45 minutes away, put the top down and away we go.

...... mindless ranting drivel.......
                Nob!

Sexist arrogant Nob!

Ha Ha PMLMAO Winker!

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  ****'s sake!
                  Trying not to be horrible, but my girly had about 20 anti-stalls on the main street of the nearby village, in the end it went to time-out, refusing to do anything for 10 minutes, and we just laughed.

You should learn to chill.

Don't put your pride and joy in something that will rust: remember one day, when you've moved on to that next status symbol, it'll end up being driven very badly by spotty faced youths.

To help you in this, when the wheels are repaired, have her drive it home.

Also so you'll not have that sudden braking when she forgets it's not got a clutch: ask her to slap herself on the left leg; it's a little trick so she remembers it's an automatic.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Actually I'm too intelligent to worry about material stuff over a real person.
                    And especially not some alloys. What a complete knob you are.

HTH you fookwit, but I doubt it.

Well said that man.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

So you reduced your missus to a blubbering wreck for the sake of a bunch of alloys. What a complete and utter tool.
                      The stupidity of most people in this world is quite stunning.
                      World first. I agree totally with SASGuru. It must be the Glenlivet making him more tolerable.

Good post.
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X