• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just how much financial tulip is Greece in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I read somewhere it was in goldman sachs interests that Greece went down the toilet, as they've bet against a recovery.

How dreadful a business can help bring a country to it's knees -

GS stand to win big time if Greece defaults
    All religions have problems with bankers. Maybe the populace, in it's secularism, have brought this on themselves.

So not so much dreadful as a reminder.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      All religions have problems with bankers.
      Judaism doesn't seem to have a problem with them.....

Maybe the populace, in it's secularism, have brought this on themselves.

It's all the athiests fault. Stone them!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Judaism doesn't seem to have a problem with them.....
        In Ezekial it is refered to as the worst of sins, and forbidden in Jewish law. That the Christian Medieval period's politics made banking the only occupation open to Jews is, I think, what you might be upset about.

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        It's all the atheists fault. Stone them!
        They do have to shoulder quite a lot of responsibility. If you remove a tried and tested moral system and leave a vacuum, who else should be in the firing line?

Comment

If you remove a tried and tested moral system and leave a vacuum, who else should be in the firing line?
          Are you suggesting that the world's big monotheistic religions represent a worthwhile 'moral system'?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

All religions have problems with bankers. Maybe the populace, in it's secularism, have brought this on themselves.

Religion has got nothing to do with it.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Are you suggesting that the world's big monotheistic religions represent a worthwhile 'moral system'?
              It is at least better than the 'I'm alight jack good luck to the rest of you' that tends to fill the vacuum.

Remember the parable of the Good Samaritan, where do these codes fit in the atheist world view?

Comment

It is at least better than the 'I'm alight jack good luck to the rest of you' that tends to fill the vacuum.

Remember the parable of the Good Samaritan, where do these codes fit in the atheist world view?
                I'm pretty sure the religious doctrines derive from our genes anyway. We're a social (and tribal) species and religions reflect that. So atheists would behave in much the same way, except they make and abide by laws instead of scripture.

Comment

What makes you think atheism is about ‘I’m alright jack’?

Do you regularly talk with atheists? Are they noticeably more cruel or less socially concerned than believers?

As for the good samaritan, it fits perfectly in a world view of seeing other humans as equals instead of holding a prejudice according to their ethnicity or religion.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    I'm pretty sure the religious doctrines derive from our genes anyway. We're a social (and tribal) species and religions reflect that. So atheists would behave in much the same way, except they make and abide by laws instead of scripture.

Look someone just made up the this religion business to prevent us from all going nuts...

I mean where would all the toasters go?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      What makes you think atheism is about ‘I’m alright jack’?

Do you regularly talk with atheists? Are they noticeably more cruel or less socially concerned than believers?

As for the good samaritan, it fits perfectly in a world view of seeing other humans as equals instead of holding a prejudice according to their ethnicity or religion.
                      I think I'm trying to say that the less intelligent members of the community need the rules and examples provided from a formal religion to know how they should behave in society. Atheism is just too complex a set of ideas for all but the most intelligent. You can't just have a set of laws and expect people to follow them, we're not all capable of being lawyers to judge when something is lawful.

After all, rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

Comment

Working...
                      X