• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Other Forums?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Forums?

Does anybody frequent any other contractor or IT related forums? The numbers around here have been declining for quite a while, so has everybody buggered off somewhere better? Is there a party going on somewhere that nobody has told me about? I've tried NFP's site, but the forum there is locked to anyone but existing members (why?). I'm not a member of the PCG anymore, so that's not an option either. Any other suggestions?

www.contractwork4u.co.uk

is a new one but not many people are there at the mo we could make it a new home - the forum looks better. plus lots of smiles !
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Paco
      Does anybody frequent any other contractor or IT related forums? The numbers around here have been declining for quite a while, so has everybody buggered off somewhere better? Is there a party going on somewhere that nobody has told me about? I've tried NFP's site, but the forum there is locked to anyone but existing members (why?). I'm not a member of the PCG anymore, so that's not an option either. Any other suggestions?
      Hi Paco.

You could always join "The Guild of wiping up spilled coffee - Saltaire Chapter"

Comment

Paco, you need to develop an interest in religion, shop-keeping or farming. Pretty soon you'll find you need no other forum.
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          Hi Paco.

You could always join "The Guild of wiping up spilled coffee - Saltaire Chapter"
          Sounds interesting, but I'm not actually there anymore. Halfway through I was offered a six monther at my friendly client 10 minutes from home, so I gave TN/AB plenty of notice that I wouldn't be looking for an extension and returned to the correct side of the Penines after Christmas. I'll probably be going back sometime though as the work was the most interesting I've had for a while, and more importantly I got to have a big HDMI telly on my desk. I noticed your desk cleared at some point, have you moved on too?

Comment

Sounds interesting, but I'm not actually there anymore. Halfway through I was offered a six monther at my friendly client 10 minutes from home, so I gave TN/AB plenty of notice that I wouldn't be looking for an extension and returned to the correct side of the Penines after Christmas. I'll probably be going back sometime though as the work was the most interesting I've had for a while, and more importantly I got to have a big HDMI telly on my desk. I noticed your desk cleared at some point, have you moved on too?
            Yup, developing VoIP software for a Hampshire client... Mostly from home.... Fixed priced, none of that hourly rate tied to a desk stuff! Mind you, I did like the visits to Israel.

Good luck with your new project.

Comment

quite clever for a dog, aren't you?
              Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                quite clever for a dog, aren't you?
                Don't tell my son. It's hard enough explaining to a 3 year old that the talking dog on the telly isn't real, without having to go into how he actually works with computers!

Comment

You could always try http://www.onlinecontractors.co.uk/

Comment

where is the forum though? at least on www.contractwork4u.co.uk there is a forum that can be found. Although I think it needs more content.
                    SA says;
                    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X