• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Animated adverts on CUK forum...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GET BACK ON TOPIC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      GET BACK ON TOPIC!!!

I tried...

Comment

yeah to be honest they are not that bad

I mean it's not like I have to click them and they are not glowing neon pink or anything

so from my pov the adverts are OK

in fact stop being advertist

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          yeah to be honest they are not that bad

I mean it's not like I have to click them and they are not glowing neon pink or anything

so from my pov the adverts are OK

in fact stop being advertist
          I'm not being advertist - I'm anti-animations on my screen that are likely to attract the wrong kind of attention.

Comment

adverse

Comment

I'm with Churchill on this (sorry admin).

It's not the adverts, it's that football.

With it constantly being fired at me from my peripheral vision, I'm finding it a strain and feeling slightly nauseous.

It's not exactly giving me a warm feeling about the advertiser...

Problem is, I don't think that the site can do anything about it...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I use firefox and a plugin called flashblock which blocks all flash. I can then choose which flash to turn on ( like youtube video etc).

I rarely see any of the really weird ads anymore. MSN was a major offender. The ads on MSN used to be sometimes about some cow running all over the screen or pigs flying. Very annoying. If I come to know the designer who created them I will bitch slap them twice.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Ah the Parasol one -- maybe you could get it taken down on the grounds of false advertising??

We get a real kick out of helping you succeed??

Seriously it should read

We get a real kick out of making money and do not actually give a damn about you...

but that is probably a bit harsh

Comment

Actually I use FF but dropped Ad-Blocker when the spat between them and NoScript flared up.

I'll look at taking it up again...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Actually I use FF but dropped Ad-Blocker when the spat between them and NoScript flared up.

I'll look at taking it up again...
                      Try FlashBlock.

It blocks Flash, not ads. It also gives you an option to turn on any flash that you want to.

Giving the control back to the user!

(jeez I am getting influenced by the politicians)
                      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                      X