• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will the Saatchi brothers' poster campaign turn things around for Cameron?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Anything that might help get rid of Gordon is welcome.
    Gordon's going anyway. It's who will replace him as the next Labour Prime Minister that worries me.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Gordon's going anyway. It's who will replace him as the next Labour Prime Minister that worries me.
      He's coming to get you!
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

He looks like a perv.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Agreed and you win today's predictable post award, but the question was whether they might be counter productive - what do you reckon?
          Might be. Difficult to call; I think anyone who's even considering voting for another 5 years of Labour is a lost cause anyway; it's best to try and mobilize any hesitant tories and convince liberals to vote tory in a seat the tories can win.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            He looks like a perv.
            Well he does shag young Brazillian blokes in exchange for a British passport.

Comment

Of course he is. What else do you think the Constitutional Reform Bill is for? It allows life peers to resign so that they can stand for public office, as hereditary peers have long been able to do. A necessary step for a life peer on the way to No 10.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                Of course he is. What else do you think the Constitutional Reform Bill is for? It allows life peers to resign so that they can stand for public office, as hereditary peers have long been able to do. A necessary step for a life peer on the way to No 10.
                And why not? Peter Mandelson is clearly the most experienced politician available in Britain now. Architect of New Labour, with good business and international connections and understanding, intensely relaxed about people being very rich. He's got to be the best choice. What's not to like?
                Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  With the Conservatives looking like they are about to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory at the imminent election, will the appointment of M&C Saatchi to produce some negative campaigning have the desired effect? Or will these be a turn off like the Tony Blair Demon Eyes posters of 1997?

Story and examples in the Daily Mail, sorry.
                  Love 'em !

In 1997 too many people liked Tony so demon eyes wasn't going to work. Today though I think many people have their concerns/suspicions about Gordo so I think the posters will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Saatchis "Labour isn't working" poster prior to the 79 election (ironically saying that Labour had let unemployment get too high) seemed to help a bit.
                    Why not use the same photo - and just plonk a picture of a Northern Rock branch at the front of the queue

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                      What's not to like?
                      Well, he's absolutely excellent at getting interest free loans from his friends. Perhaps he'd be able to do the same for the country without ******* us all up the yingyang.

He'd also be ideal for increasing immigration after his form for acquiring passports for Brazilian rent boys.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X