• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Earth Hour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accuweather’s “expert long-range forecaster” Joe Bastardi has now firmly established himself as the least informed, most anti-scientific meteorologist in the world - click

What is so incredible about this blog is that it resides on one long page, so you’d think Bastardi might occasionally go back and look and see if what he just wrote doesn’t contradict something he wrote a little earlier - click
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

yeah, thx for the tip, normally I rely on the Met office.

They base their predictions on computer models developed by the CRU in East-Anglia.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        yeah, thx for the tip, normally I rely on the Met office.

They base their predictions on computer models developed by the CRU in East-Anglia.
        Is this thing giving any meaningful results?

Comment

This is what Joe Bastardi said in July 2009

“In years past, cooler summers have been followed by harsh winters. Temperatures in New York City did not top 85 degrees in June this year. There have only been three other times in recorded history when New York City failed to reach 85 in June. In each of those instances, snowy winters followed.”
          He went on to forecast a very harsh winter:

Now what did the Met office say? I can't recall exactly but they've been monitoring those CO2 levels closely, and at historically high levels that must have a warming effect.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Now what did the Met office say?
            Something about a Bar-B-Q summer last year.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

If you look behind the media soundbites, you discover the forecast was actually just a 65% chance of above average temperatures and a similar probability of below-average precipitation. Which some PR idiot spun into 'barbecue summer'.

They were wrong about the rain, but correct about the temperatures, which were actually above average and warmer than 2007 and 2008.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporat...r20090907.html
              http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/corporat...r20090731.html

Comment

They predicted a dry summer, which is a heap of garbage if you rely on the forecast.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

I can't recall exactly but they've been monitoring those CO2 levels closely, and at historically high levels that must have a warming effect.
                  Uh-Huh...

The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for February 2010 was 0.60°C (1.08°F) above the 20th century average of 12.1°C (53.9°F). This is the sixth warmest such value on record.

The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for December 2009 - February 2010 was the fifth warmest on record for the season, 0.57°C (1.03°F) above the 20th century average of 12.1°C (53.8°F).

The worldwide ocean surface temperature for February 2010 was the second warmest on record for February, 0.54°C (0.97°F) above the 20th century average of 15.9°C (60.6°F).

The seasonal (December 2009 - February 2010) worldwide ocean surface temperature was also the second warmest on record, 0.54°C (0.97°F) above the 20th century average of 15.8°C (60.5°F).

In the Southern Hemisphere, both the February 2010 average temperature for land areas and the Hemisphere as a whole (land and ocean surface combined), represented the warmest February on record

No evidence of Global Warming here, no sir, none whatsoever, uh-uh.
                  Last edited by pjclarke; 29 March 2010, 17:28.

Comment

Working...
                  X