• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices going up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Now where did I put my angelic halo smiley?
    Up your bottom?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Up your bottom?
      Ouch!
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I've called MF and tay various bad things and I've never even had a PM. Maybe it all depends on who you're insulting
        Ban DiscoStu.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
          Ban DiscoStu.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            Ban DiscoStu.
            Yup.

No, not really.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I've called MF and tay various bad things and I've never even had a PM. Maybe it all depends on who you're insulting
              I think it depends who complains. Previously, folk didn't complain much. Perhaps they do these days...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Noticed that there are adverts on the local radio here.

"Got debts, credit cards, loans? Why not free up equity in your home and pay them all off, leaving you free to spend, spend, spend on whatever you like!"

The boom is back!

It's like it never went away.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Previously, folk didn't complain much.
                  Ah yes.......Halcyon days. That was in the Pre-Bedwetter Age.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I think that Dim Prawn is er, either dim, stupid or just having fun.
                    If it's fun then good on you.
                    There is a whirlwind coming and it is not going to be nice.
                    All his talk of house prices going up is a little bit silly.

The next government is going to have to cut spending by a very large percentage in order to get things back on track - something in the region of above 15%.

It is not going to be very nice.
                    When the Canadians went through something similar in the 80's they cut spending by about 12% of GDP and found it very tough.
                    Apparently, it is reasonably easy to cut a budget by 5%.
                    The next 5% of GDP affects services and is noticeable. i.e. no more meals on wheels and libraries being closed.
                    After 10% the Canadians found that they were sacking teachers, doctors and nurses - not due to the over supply of staff but because the budget required it.

Now putting a 15% cut in Government spending into the context of house prices going up and it all starts to look a bit like la la land.
                    Last edited by worzelGummidge; 27 March 2010, 14:52.

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
                      Now putting a 15% cut into context of house prices going up and it all starts to look a bit like la la land.
                      Don't worry about it worzel. DP's house is in la la land.
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X